Husband of peace vigil mom files for divorce

Qpid

i feel bad for her, he should be supporting her.

Updated: 7:52 a.m. ET Aug. 16, 2005
FAIRFIELD, Calif. - The husband of Cindy Sheehan, the mother camped outside President Bush’s Texas ranch to protest the death of a son in the Iraq war, has filed for divorce, according to court documents.

Patrick Sheehan filed the divorce petition Friday in Solano County court, northeast of San Francisco. His lawyer did not immediately return a call seeking comment Monday.

The couple’s eldest child, Casey, 24, was an Army soldier killed in April 2004. Cindy Sheehan has said the stress of the death led to the separation of the couple, who were high school sweethearts.

Sheehan has vowed to remain in Texas through Bush’s August vacation, unless he meets with her. She began her protest 10 days ago and has since been joined by more than 100 anti-war activists.

“Our message is to bring the troops home,” Sheehan, of Vacaville, said Monday.

The White House on Monday again issued a statement saying that Bush sympathizes with Sheehan. The president has given no indication that he will meet with her.

Sheehan, 48, and other grieving military families met with Bush in June 2004 at Fort Lewis, near Seattle, two months after her son’s death.

But she says the meeting was unsatisfactory, and it came before reports surfaced about faulty pre-war intelligence, which enraged her.

When Sheehan arrived in Crawford on Aug. 6, her small group started marching to Bush’s ranch, then was moved by authorities to a plot of land a few miles away.

Late Monday, a pickup truck tore through rows of white crosses that stretched about two-tenths of a mile along the side of the road at the Crawford camp. The crosses bore the names of fallen U.S. soldiers. No one was hurt.

Mikeinsmd

Qpid said:
i feel bad for her, he should be supporting her.
Why should he support her?? She's a LUNATIC (as was proven on this board). Did you miss the press release where her family also alienated themselves from her??

He obviously does not agree with her position. I don't blame him!! I'd run as far away from the psycho as I could.

Qpid

Mikeinsmd said:
Why should he support her?? She's a LUNATIC (as was proven on this board). Did you miss the press release where her family also alienated themselves from her??

He obviously does not agree with her position. I don't blame him!! I'd run as far away from the psycho as I could.
everyones deserted her all because she lost a son due to some jerk in the white house....

i have sympathy...they should too...

Mikeinsmd

Qpid said:
everyones deserted her all because she lost a son due to some jerk in the white house....i have sympathy...they should too...
You obviously do not read these boards very much. Go read the other thread by Vraiblonde and then you will have the facts you obviously lack now.

Everyones deserted her..... *HINT HINT* Has nothing to do with Bush!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Qpid said:
everyones deserted her all because she lost a son due to some jerk in the white house....i have sympathy...they should too...
:confused: Thought her son was killed in Iraq (where he voluntered to go) by an American/democracy/freedom hating fanatic.

Mikeinsmd

Qpid said:
Oh by the way.... they didn't desert her until AFTER she went wacko with this vigil..... :whistle:

mainman

Set Trippin
Qpid said:
everyones deserted her all because she lost a son due to some jerk in the white house....

i have sympathy...they should too...
When are you heading out to Texas? :confused:

Mikeinsmd

virgovictoria said:
:)gossip: did she not get the memo that this board tends to swing to the right?) :whistle:
It does and it also posts facts. Facts Qpid was obviously missing. We just like to help. :love:

Qpid

i dont need to read no other thread to catch up....

its my opinion...DEAL WITH IT.

You lose your son, your family and now your husband....

I mean damn, how bad can it get??

oh and to those who said the boy volunteered. We all know 1/2 those men and woman who sign up are not doing it ready to die.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
virgovictoria said:
:)gossip: did she not get the memo that this board tends to swing to the right?) :whistle:
I got that memo the first time I posted. Thank God (and Mike) for that!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Qpid said:
oh and to those who said the boy volunteered. We all know 1/2 those men and woman who sign up are not doing it ready to die.

Of course not. Nobody thinks that anyone in the MILITARY carries weapons and goes to war. :rolleyes:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Qpid said:
You're absolutely right - they don't go into thinking they will die tomorrow. However, it is a possibility and one that is very much reality these days.

My father was a police office in D.C. for 30 years - he chose that career move and knew that at any moment, any chase, any confrontation could be his last.

Mikeinsmd

Qpid said:
i dont need to read no other thread to catch up....
its my opinion...DEAL WITH IT.
You lose your son, your family and now your husband....
I mean damn, how bad can it get??
Ahhhhhhhhh......... this post shows me what we're dealing with.... :lol:

What did they think they were signing up to do?? Drive jeeps through Montana?? Shoot at bullseyes in Oklahoma?? :confused: Dress in spiffy uniforms to look good at the mall??

Just like most other closed mind liberals, you won't read the truth. Hell, why cloud your OPINION with facts.... :lmao:

Qpid

Mikeinsmd said:
Ahhhhhhhhh......... this post shows me what we're dealing with.... :lol:

What did they think they were signing up to do?? Drive jeeps through Montana?? Shoot at bullseyes in Oklahoma?? :confused: Dress in spiffy uniforms to look good at the mall??

Just like most other closed mind liberals, you won't read the truth. Hell, why cloud your OPINION with facts.... :lmao:

There is no doubt in my mind that the gov't is crooked as shyt....and they will mislead any individual just as long as they sign their name on the dotted line for their so called "country".

Young boys and girls are not able to make such a decision....and hell yes I would be campin out in front of the mans vacation house who is responsible for lying to my son and making him lose his life.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Qpid said:
There is no doubt in my mind that the gov't is crooked as shyt....and they will mislead any individual just as long as they sign their name on the dotted line for their so called "country".

Young boys and girls are not able to make such a decision....and hell yes I would be campin out in front of the mans vacation house who is responsible for lying to my son and making him lose his life.

Ahhh yes, the pres himself lied to the kid. :lol: