Roses

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
My minnie roses already started blooming and the HT's are full of buds.  Heirloom and JFK are getting ready to bust out, we'll see who blooms first.  The bad new is, during that hot weather a few weeks ago I got aphids and had to spray, but they look great and there's no black spot even with all the rain.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Shrub roses are great, they have nice blooms and most are very disease resistant.  I only have one though, it's the Pink Flower Carpet Rose.  It does very well, even the beetles have a hard time destroying it.  I grow most of my roses for fragrance and cut them to bring inside.  I love fragrant flowers.  My lilac just finished blooming and I can't wait for the oriental lillies this summer.  One blossom will scent a whole room.  (Not that my house is stinky!) :lol:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
hey fellow gardeners , I am moving to southern Maryland in late summer and was wondering what kind of flowers , shrubs and trees grow best up there ? I've been living here in florida for many years and I know I'll have to get used to a totally new kind of growing environment and would appreciate tips on what to plant there . :)