True?????

willie

Just got this in the mail, no link. Sounds plausible.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500
>employees and has the following statistics?
>You think it would be the NBA.
>36 have been accused of spousal abuse
>7 have been arrested for fraud
>19 have been accused of writing bad checks
>117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
>3 have done time for assault
>71, repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
>14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
>8 have been arrested for shoplifting
>
>21 currently are defendants in lawsuits. and
>
>84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
>
>Can you guess which organization this is?
>

>
>It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.
>

Mikeinsmd

willie said:
That was the first place I looked....what search argument did you use?
"Congress" it doesn't really say true or false, just gives many different ways to view the opinion. I prefer to go with it as you posted it.... :lmao:

Pete

Repete
The first thing that popped into my mind was John Glenn, the fine upstanding citizen and long time Democratic Senator from Ohio and national hero. He stiffed a small printing company for a huge order of campaign posters and printed material when he pulled out of the race. The small business went belly up and he never lifted a finger.

Pete

Repete
Ted Kennedy actually killed someone and lets not even talk about Barney Frank and his page pumping escapades.

willie

Pete said:
Ted Kennedy actually killed someone and lets not even talk about Barney Frank and his page pumping escapades.

84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Actually, that was Ted Kennedy 84 times.

tomchamp

Pete said:
Kennedy was one that complained that the prisioners at G'Tmo where being miss treated....Rush Limbaugh said.."Hey Ted, more people died at Chappaquiddick than at Guantanamo Bay!"

Mikeinsmd

tomchamp said:
Kennedy was one that complained that the prisioners at G'Tmo where being miss treated....Rush Limbaugh said.."Hey Ted, more people died at Chappaquiddick than at Guantanamo Bay!"
willie said:
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
Actually, that was Ted Kennedy 84 times.
:lol: :lmao: :killingme

donbarzini

Pete said:

Barney Frank on the phone to his "life-partner": "I'll be home in a couple of hours sweetie. I've just got two more pages to do."

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
That one's been around a while (like more than a couple of years). True or not, it's NOT IN THE LEAST SURPRISING. That ought to be scary all in itself.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
If you'll notice, Snopes did not say the claims were not true. The article said they didn't agree with the "journalistic standards" of Capitol Hill Blue and that the claims were hard to match or dismissed not being able to get a credit card as "one missed payment can ruin your credit".

The fact is if these people cannot handle their own personal finances, then why do we trust them with trillions of dollars of OUR money?