Rita

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Hurricane Rita is brushing past the Florida Keys and headed into the Gulf of Mexico. She is a category 2 and could be a 3 or 4 (Can anyone say 5? I knew you could.) by the time it hits land. They think it might hit Galveston. Mandatory evacuations there already. But, ready for this, could hit the same area Katrina hit.

I can hear the cries from Nagin now. It is all Bush's fault. He did it again. Conjured up another hurricane to hurt black people.

rack'm

Jaded
2ndAmendment said:
I can hear the cries from Nagin now. It is all Bush's fault. He did it again. Conjured up another hurricane to hurt black people.

:sarcasm:
Yep, since he didn't get them in La, he's now conjured up another one to chase them down in Texas....:yay: :sarcasm:

K

Kizzy

Hopefully when they say "LEAVE" everyone will high tail it out of there.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Kizzy said:
:killingme That's about as likely as a day on these forums when everyone gets along. :lmao: :roflmao:

K

Kizzy

Ken King said:
:killingme That's about as likely as a day on these forums when everyone gets along. :lmao: :roflmao:

I was going to say if they learned anything from Katrina... but..

Then I was going to say, if they were smart... but...

Alright

I can dream of a perfect world if I want to. :moon: :lol:

Triggerfish

They're saying that it's probably going to go more north-west than just west than originally forecasted and may be hitting the eastern TX to Louisiana. The really bad part of this is that the northern and northeastern edge of the hurricane is where the most rain falls.

Triggerfish

Kizzy said:

I've already heard people saying that they're not leaving. They survived Katrina so they'll survive Rita. :duh:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
2ndAmendment said:

It's ok, all the Texans will just get in their SUVs and head toward higher ground. I mean it's not like all that extra exhaust is really doing anything to the atmosphere, surely that can't be making the ocean waters just a tad bit warmer throwing us into the busiest hurricane season in recorded history.

Of course not...

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
truby20 said:
It's ok, all the Texans will just get in their SUVs and head toward higher ground. I mean it's not like all that extra exhaust is really doing anything to the atmosphere, surely that can't be making the ocean waters just a tad bit warmer throwing us into the busiest hurricane season in recorded history.

Of course not...
I would like to help everyone that is a victim of the storms, but I am very busy trying to work on the plan to invade Venuzuala. Or however you spell it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
truby20 said:
#1, obviously you've never been to TX or you wouldn't make ignorant blanket statements about their SUVs. They drive pickup trucks. Get with the program.

#2, this is not the busiest hurricane season in recorded history. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml? Even Clinton is ahead of Bush in hurricane manufacture. So far Truman (a Democrat) is the Hurricane King.

Anything else you want to talk about?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As an aside, you know what I love most about modern Democrats? They've turned me into a history major. I've learned more from looking up information to either support or refute their nonsensical claims than I ever would have learned on my own.

Keep up the good work, kids. :yay:

Triggerfish

truby20 said:

Of course not...

This is the 4th busiest hurricane season so far. However we are still early in the season and there is a chance of it becoming the most active.

Last edited:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
vraiblonde said:
#1, obviously you've never been to TX or you wouldn't make ignorant blanket statements about their SUVs. They drive pickup trucks. Get with the program.

Actually I was making a blanket statement about the non poor american population, how we are buying more SUVs than ever before. But since you questioned me I did a quick Google, and actually found a research package for a Texas magazine that boasts how Texans buy a higher proportion of SUVs compared to the rest of America. According to their index Texans buy 88% more than their share of full-sized SUVs. (using data from J.D. Power)

Report from Texas Monthly

vraiblonde said:
#2, this is not the busiest hurricane season in recorded history. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml? Even Clinton is ahead of Bush in hurricane manufacture. So far Truman (a Democrat) is the Hurricane King.

When I say busiest hurricane season I am talking about so far, this IS the earliest that we have reached the 17th storm. And I'm pretty sure we will keep up the current pace up, so yes this is the busiest season.

I'm not really sure why you posted that link, it is to a page about the number of hurricanes striking the US mainland by decade. Really doesn't have anything to do with the current season and I was refering to the total number of storms that develop, NOT just hurricanes and certainly not only U.S. striking ones.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
truby20 said:
Actually I was making a blanket statement about the non poor american population, how we are buying more SUVs than ever before. But since you questioned me I did a quick Google, and actually found a research package for a Texas magazine that boasts how Texans buy a higher proportion of SUVs compared to the rest of America. According to their index Texans buy 88% more than their share of full-sized SUVs. (using data from J.D. Power)
This is true, and there are a lot of rich people in Texas because of the oil buisness and tech corridor, but that's not the only reason. Most of Texas is rural and consists of a lot of ranches. SUV's and trucks out here are a nessecary tool, not a flashy drive.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
truby20 said:
I was refering to the total number of storms that develop, NOT just hurricanes and certainly not only U.S. striking ones.
No, you specifically said "hurricanes".

But that's neither here nor there. You tried to blame hurricanes on Texans and their SUVs. That is simply ridiculous. If you indeed meant to blame them for ALL natural disasters all over the WHOLE WORLD, that makes it even more ridiculous.

Who's fault were the natural disasters before SUVs were invented and before there WAS a Texas?

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
No, you specifically said "hurricanes".

I believe she said "busiest hurricane season" as opposed to "most hurricanes." Hurricane season is a measure of time when we are most likely to get tropical storms including hurricanes.

Last edited:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I've figured it out. God is a Democrat. He has sent all of these hurricanes to the Gulf coast to help his party discredit the Republican administration!