Ross Opens Today

BuddyLee

Football addict
They looked more than ready to welcome last night. There were a parade of cars checking out the joint.

John Z

if you will
FromTexas said:
Let me get this straight... people are excited over a Ross? :lol:

Yeah, good point. But for the first year, it will be nice because it is new. At least it is better than those useless trees that used to occupy that now asphalt-covered piece of land. :wink:

terbear1225

thanks. maybe i'll swing by sometime today. it'll be a nice switch to have a few more options in the area instead of having to drive to waldorf/annapolis.

MargeInCharge

FromTexas said:
Let me get this straight... people are excited over a Ross? :lol:

Count me in with the ones who are excited about a Ross opening. I just hope it doesn't get all nasty and run down like the one in Waldorf. The bathroom in particular is just plain gross there. I've been to ones in No. VA and they are much better organized and more decent in general. Hope that's the way it'll stay in California.

I'm most excited because you can snag some really great deals on shoes there. I got my daughter a pair of Sketchers sneakers for going back to school for only $19.99, the exact same ones at Famous Footwear were in the $30's. Clearance stuff is even better, if your timing is right. I got my son some New Balance running sneakers for cross-country for only $12 back in July. Who knows what those went for in other stores, but I know it was more than 12 bucks!

K

Katie

I went in there last night on my way home. It was SO clean, and crowded. There are some people that totally forget about manners when shopping.

When Petco opens up I will be in there more often!! I will have to set up a strict budget because I will be buying dog toys all the time.

christy217

[QUOTE=KatieThere are some people that totally forget about manners when shopping.

:yeahthat: I won't go into Walmart because of that, unless it is very late at night or early in the morning. I will just shop at Target and pay the few extra bucks, the isles are wider and I can move around easier with them-no, my size isn't a factor, I am 168 lbs. I think Walmart needs to install, yield, right-of-way, stop signs and traffic lights at various locations throughout the store to assist people with the lack of home training they have, drives me nuts, no excuse me, or thank yous when we DO go in there, and people try to trample over you.

I am glad to see a Ross come down here though, when I used to work in DC/NoVA I used to go there to get discounted business suits.

janey83

Twenty Something
christy217 said:
KatieThere are some people that totally forget about manners when shopping. :yeahthat: I won't go into Walmart because of that said:
I hear that. Although some walmarts are better than others -- the one in California is just bad. It's dirty and crowded, so we always go to Target, too. The walmart in Frostburg is actually really nice, it's a Super-walmart and it's in the mall up here, just built last year.