XM coming to DirecTV

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I'm a DirecTV subscriber and it would be great to hear Ron and Fez again. They left WJFK for XM some months ago.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050929/dcth003.html?.v=29

beginning Nov. 15, 2005, 72 channels of XM's quality music, children's, and talk programming will be available via DIRECTV, nearly doubling its current audio programming lineup at no additional cost. In addition to music channels and children's programming, XM will provide XM's Major League Baseball "Home Plate" talk radio channel, and its High Voltage channel, featuring talk radio stars Opie and Anthony.

B

Bruzilla

Oh great... more XM commercials to listen to. I can't wait. I hope they leave the current DTV audio channels alone.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:yay: I like to listen to the DirecTV music stations while working around the house, so the more choices, the better.

B

Bruzilla

I like the current stations too, especially the total abscence of any commercials. XM radio has a lot of commercials, DJs, etc.

L

ladylara

Tonio said:
I'm a DirecTV subscriber and it would be great to hear Ron and Fez again. They left WJFK for XM some months ago.
oh.. but they'll never be the same as ron and ron from eons ago. *memories*

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I'm a Dishnetwork customer and we get Sirius and we love it. We have a new car with XM and personally I hate it. I have no clue where the music comes from. If you're in to off the wall, I guess it's OK. I would listen to Ron & Fez tho if it wasn't in the car.(Not sure what time they're on and my truck doesn't have either). If it doesn't cost more :yay:

Fred Hoeck

Xm

Seems like a subset similar to the subset available on Internet.
I like XM, mostly for talk channels such as ABC, Ask! America Right. Music on XM 6 is good. With the poor to non-existant radio reception here, satelite radio is all that is available without static.
It is also good for Fox News Channel and CNBC.
Shame Rush isn't on satelite radio, have to rely on 24/7 internet subscription.