Sign on 235

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
There is an article in the paper today regarding the sign "Please, if you hit her on 8/25/05 AM, etc." The person that hit the dog said she stopped to try to find the owner..Apparently, the woman let her dog out to relieve itself, then made a "milk run", leaving the dog out, and the dog was hit. The owner said she wasn't going to press charges and people should slow down on 235 going north......

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
rack'm said:
Is it against the law to hit an animal??
The owner said "It's illegal to leave the scene of an accident...."

How about it's stupid to let your dog out on a major highway?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Well it's a shame her doggy got hit, but why is it running loose? I would NEVER purposefully turn my dog out to run like that. I know that loose dogs in Calvert are picked up by animal control.

rack'm

Jaded
BS Gal said:
The owner said "It's illegal to leave the scene of an accident...."

How about it's stupid to let your dog out on a major highway?

I don't think hitting a dog constitutes an accident. People hit wild animals all the time and keep on driving down the road.

To me it sounds like another irresponsible person looking to put the blame on someone else.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
rack'm said:
I don't think hitting a dog constitutes an accident. People hit wild animals all the time and keep on driving down the road.

To me it sounds like another irresponsible person looking to put the blame on someone else.
My thoughts exactly.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Let's not forget about how many near accidents have been caused by people trying to read the sign this woman put up. There should be a law about that.

Steve

Enjoying life!
As in Maryland transportation Law, Article 20, Sections 105 and 106, any person who, as the operator of a motor vehicle, strikes a domestic animal shall immediately notify owner of the domestic animal, or, if the owner cannot be immediately notified, then the State or local police of the accident.

(I'm filling in for my cousin today...)

rack'm

Jaded
Steve said:
As in Maryland transportation Law, Article 20, Sections 105 and 106, any person who, as the operator of a motor vehicle, strikes a domestic animal shall immediately notify owner of the domestic animal, or, if the owner cannot be immediately notified, then the State or local police of the accident.

Thanks Steve......

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Steve said:

Cuz is right, it's your duty to stop and try to locate the owner or call the cops. http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/web_statutes.exe?gtr&20-106

Makavide

Not too talkative
Steve said:

And you will know it is a domestic animal because it is on a leash.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
...people should slow down on 235 going north......
I guess that means it is okay to speed going southbound. :confused:

The story also mentioned that she got home and saw the dog in the road. Instead of immediatly getting it out of the roadway, she went and called police. By the time she got back to the dog, it had been hit several more time. Gruesome.

IMHO she is a dumbass.

christy217

I am a pet owner, and I would never ever, ever, ever, ever.....ever, let my dog out, in our FENCED yard, without keeping an eye on her, HELLO! There is a freakin highway out there, she needs to call the cops on herself for neglect, is there a law against that?

Secondly, the person that did hit the poor animal, that is callous to just leave it, if that was the case, however, I don't know all the facts, I am just ASS- U- ME -ING, yup, making an Ass out of U and Me.

I was wondering about that sign, couldn't figure out what the hell it was, made no damn sense, I guess it would make sense to the person that hit it, but still I would think they would be going WTF? :confused:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RoseRed said:
I guess that means it is okay to speed going southbound. :confused:

The story also mentioned that she got home and saw the dog in the road. Instead of immediatly getting it out of the roadway, she went and called police. By the time she got back to the dog, it had been hit several more time. Gruesome.

IMHO she is a dumbass.
Yes, it's okay to speed going southbound, but not northbound, just in case she lets another dog out. Or kicks her kid to the curb.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
christy217 said:
I was wondering about that sign, couldn't figure out what the hell it was, made no damn sense, I guess it would make sense to the person that hit it, but still I would think they would be going WTF? :confused:
Dems helped her write it

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
BS Gal said:
Yes, it's okay to speed going southbound, but not northbound, just in case she lets another dog out. Or kicks her kid to the curb.
I always wondered why the speed limit drops on the southbound side of Rt.5 in Charlotte Hall but not on the northbound side.