Valerie Plame

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Judith Miller was released from jail today and she named her source - none other than Scooter Libby. :lol:

Libby's spokespeople say nuh-uh.

Curious when the apologies to Karl Rove will start?

Vince

Heard it on the radio, but didn't hear who her source was? :confused: Just heard that she got a letter in jail (from her source) and a phone call to reveal who her source was so she could get out.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Judith Miller was released from jail today and she named her source - none other than Scooter Libby. :lol:

Libby's spokespeople say nuh-uh.

Curious when the apologies to Karl Rove will start?
Don't hold your breath.

willie

They are both dead meat and should be crucified unless there is something here that I'm missing. If she was an agent at any level, that should be respected.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
If she was an agent at any level, that should be respected.
I wonder if we'll ever know the story of how she was "outed" and in what context.

From what I can understand, Valerie Plame recommended her husband for that trip to Niger, which resulted in the whole "Bush lied, people died" mantra the Left is so fond of spewing. If Wilson is, in fact, a partisan hack (which seems to be the case), then it seems fair to name the person that thought it was a good idea to send him over there, regardless of their "top secret" identity.

As far as Judith Miller goes, she was supposedly in possession of "evidence" that could be used in the Plame case and she was jailed when she refused to testify. Now we find that the "evidence" was a conversation she had with Scooter Libby, who had released her from confidentiality a year ago. Yet Judith Miller STILL sat in jail rather than reveal her source. So there's either more to this story or Miller is just a grand-standing publicity hound.

But in the meantime, accusations have been hurled at the Left's favorite whipping boy, Karl Rove, who it now seems had nothing to do with it. Which is why I typically don't give a crap when the Democrats start accusing Bush officials of misdeeds, because it's hard to take them seriously when they're constantly running around tossing accusations at people just to see if they can make anything stick.

This whole thing is a many-tentacled octopus and very convoluted, which is why nobody cares except the geeks (like me :nerd: ) and the screamers.

willie

Judith Miller sole purpose was to bring attention to herself. There was no reason to go to jail except for fame and maybe leading to fortune.

If the revenge rumor is fact, Rove is no better than Hillary and her Travelgate. He does the Republican Party nothing but harm, crucify him.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This is twice

willie said:
Judith Miller sole purpose was to bring attention to herself. There was no reason to go to jail except for fame and maybe leading to fortune.

If the revenge rumor is fact, Rove is no better than Hillary and her Travelgate. He does the Republican Party nothing but harm, crucify him.

...you've asked for Karl's crusification. Are you auditioning for the part of the bad guys in the next Mel Gibson Bible-based movie?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
And not to pile on, but I'm curious why you're upset about Rove when it's looking like he had nothing to do with it and it's just a partisan smear campaign. :confused:

willie

Lenny said:
...you've asked for Karl's crusification. Are you auditioning for the part of the bad guys in the next Mel Gibson Bible-based movie?
Again......IF the revenge rumor is true.

Joseph Wilson was most definitely a PIA to the Bush administration and he, alone, should have been dealt with. My comparison of the mystery informant to Hillary is a little weak. Hillary is a politician without a hint of a conscience but the mystery informant has the added attribute of being a criminal. If a Democrat did this trick, we would be using the word 'traitor'.

If this were a Mel Gibson movie, the characters would be a bit different in this case. With Mohammad replacing Jesus, who would be the bad guys?

willie

vraiblonde said:
And not to pile on, but I'm curious why you're upset about Rove when it's looking like he had nothing to do with it and it's just a partisan smear campaign. :confused:

Rove and Scooter are both in this neck deep. I don't see anywhere that Rove is off the hook.
As far as..quote:"why you're upset about Rove".......I don't care if it's Nancy Reagan that outed Plame, it's a serious matter and I have no doubt you would agree if this was Kennedy instead of Rove.

Santana Moss is going to win this!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It has been suggested that the CIA itself was how Plame was outed, but that was back in the mid-90s.

This CIA disclosure, moreover, is said to have been made not to Americans at large but to Fidel Castro's anti-American regime in Cuba, whose palpable incentive would have been to "compromise every operation, every relationship, every network with which (Plame) had been associated in her entire career" — to borrow from the diatribe in which Wilson risibly compared his wife's straits to the national security catastrophes wrought by Aldrich Ames and Kim Philby.

The following is how American mainstream media supported the reporters that would not disclose their sources. It too carries reference to the CIA outing their own operative. Here is the filed brief.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
As far as..quote:"why you're upset about Rove".......I don't care if it's Nancy Reagan that outed Plame, it's a serious matter and I have no doubt you would agree if this was Kennedy instead of Rove.
Don't misunderstand my comments - I think anyone who compromises ANY intelligence agent or covert operation should be hung for treason. And I'd be happy to kick the box out from under him, regardless of who it was.

But this sounds like more tail-chasing on the part of Democrats. I can't believe that nobody in DC knew Valerie Plame worked for the CIA until Rove told Novak (or Cooper or Miller, depending on which tentacle you're following).

I think the simplest explanation is the truth: that Novak and Co. already knew Wilson's wife was with the CIA, as did Rove and Cheney and Libby. And maybe everyone else on Capitol Hill.

And also, you have to ask yourself which is more important: protecting a CIA agent, or hunting down weapons of mass destruction. Especially when said CIA agent used questionable sources and connections in order to "prove" that Iraq had no WMD program, nor were they trying to create one, even though we know this isn't true.

In my opinion, if Plame knowingly sent her partisan hack husband out to falsify evidence in order to discredit the President, that makes HER the traitor, not whoever outed her.