Credit where credit is due to the MD SHA

blacklabman

I have ranted in the past about the left turn situation at the corner of Pegg's Road and Rte. 235. A simular situation is at the corner of Maple and Rte 235 (that's also the light at Chancellor's Run). Recently, the SHA provide clearly marked lane arrows and also overhead arrows as to the turns permitted in each lane at these intersections.

Thanks to the SHA!

You still to watch out for the idiot who is in the far left lane and thinks that she can immediately move to the far right lane after going through the intersection. That's what horns are for.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
blacklabman said:
I have ranted in the past about the left turn situation at the corner of Pegg's Road and Rte. 235. A simular situation is at the corner of Maple and Rte 235 (that's also the light at Chancellor's Run). Recently, the SHA provide clearly marked lane arrows and also overhead arrows as to the turns permitted in each lane at these intersections.

Thanks to the SHA!

You still to watch out for the idiot who is in the far left lane and thinks that she can immediately move to the far right lane after going through the intersection. That's what horns are for.
Going south on and 235 at Maple, I notice a lot of people think BOTH left hand turn lanes are for u-turns. So you're in the -u-turn lane and the a-hole in other lane next to you makes a u-turn and you're in the real u-turn lane and trying to avoid the -a-hole in the no u-turn, left turn only lane. Is that what you are talking about?

Last edited:

willie

All light controlled left turns with more than one lane are a PIA. A high percentage of drivers just cannot handle the seemingly complicated task of staying in that inside lane. The problem is everywhere and not just 235.