Katrina dogs in Calvert County

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I've never seen so many happy dogs. Except for Jackson and Elvis who look very despondent. All are attractive. Good luck finding homes for them.

A

angelphish

I'm sorry about your bad dealings with the foster home but these people are not always associated with the humane society other than having one of our dogs stay at their home.
It is hard to get it through to some people that before doing "anything" with their foster dog they are suppose to go through the dogs sponsor. That means not making vet appointments, not buying meds that can be supplied by the humane society for free, and not making grooming appointments without notifing the sponcor that the humane society is going to be charged since we have people who will do it for free.

A

angelphish

These are some of the dogs that still need fosters

Billy Idol
Red
Logan
Katrina

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
Maybe you should call Peta.
I heard they have a place for dogs right outside of the center in downtown Norfolk.

A

angelphish

We're looking to place the dogs in homes not put them back in the same kind of situation they came from. But thanks anyway.

A

angelphish

We have more dogs coming in this week and are looking for people interested in fostering. Some of the dogs are heartworm positive and will have to be kept crated or in a situation with low activity during treatment.
If interested, let me know and I'll give you contact info.

K

Katie

I already foster for SMAWL, but I have a Hurricane Katrina dog also right now. He is a American Bulldog - Petey, total lovebug. :howdy:

A

angelphish

I already foster for SMAWL, but I have a Hurricane Katrina dog also right now. He is a American Bulldog - Petey, total lovebug.

We are getting in a Boxer/Am Bulldog x his name is Petey.

K

Katie

angelphish said:
We are getting in a Boxer/Am Bulldog x his name is Petey.

hehe...

I have a boxer now that is my own dog.

I couldn't take on a 3rd dog right now, but I will let people know if they are looking for a boxer mix.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
How long will it be before you know if they can be adopted out?

I know you have to try and find their owners first, though I have NO idea how you go about doing that. That has to be an impossible task.

A

angelphish

All the dogs who were not owner giveups are placed on Petfinder.com

Petfinder has been helping with lost and found reports so people who have lost a pet can have a place to search for it.

We have Katrina dogs on our website that will be available for adoption real soon.

HTML:
www.calvertcountyhumanesociety.org