Please Take Down Your Lights!!!!

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Ok, I am not trying to be mean but I was driving around this weekend and I noticed there are a lot of people who still think its Christmas time. Still having the tree and house all lit up.

Please take your lights down. It is the 13th and about time. In fact I think it looks rather dumb, but thats my opinion.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
To each his own, I say. There are actually several houses that I pass on a regular basis that leave them up year-round. A few of these are even relatives of mine, heehee, :blushing: . It would drive me nuts to have them up all the time, but others just don't seem to mind it.

yakky doodle

Only Half Guilty

I have my stuff up; but haven't turned on my lights since well before New Years. Does that count? :frown: I promise, mommy dearest, to do it this week! :biggrin:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by jeneisen
Please take your lights down. It is the 13th and about time.

Festivous is over, Jen, no airing of grievances til next December..:biggrin:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Please Take Down Your Lights!!!!

Originally posted by otter
Festivous is over

:roflmao: Just as some celebrate Christmas year 'round by leaving up lights, others celebrate Festivous year round and air grievances all year long!! :wink:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hey! I've been known to keep my Christmas lights up until well into March, so :biteme:

That was the year my man was in Saudi, so I kept everything up so we could do Christmas when he got home in March. :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Call me a typical SOMD'er but I still like the Christmas lights. It puts some color into the dull scenery this time of year. :cool:

MDindef

Have you seen those tacky "snow-people" that have been up for over a year? It's near the light in Callaway. Those are the dingiest snow-people I've ever seen!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
They could be waiting until February to burn the tree - I know I would wait until bonfire day if I had had a tree.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Normally I wouldn't care but the one house I am thinking about the lights are falling off the house as it is, bulbs are burnt out and they did a really tacky decorating. I mean if you are going to leave it up, at least make it nice. If it were pretty it wouldn't be so bad.

As a home owner, if my house were for sale and my neighbor looked like that, I would be so mad. I guess I never understood leaving them up that long but thats just me.

SxyPrincess

Jenn,

Weren't you the one that said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" You referring to lights still up as "dumb" is not nice.

BTW...my lights never went up. :biggrin:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I do remember the first sentence of my statement said I wasn't trying to be mean. Actually I also said I thought it looked dumb, never called anyone dumb themselves.

K

Katie

My neighbors will take the tree down but leave it on the balcony until May. Like it is THAT hard to take to get rid of it correctly.