I See Dead People

K

Kain99

What do you think? Are some people born with the ability to see ghosts?

Does the paranormal exist or are these stories simply the hallucinations of a sick mind?

Have you ever had an experience with beings from the other side? Seen a ghost? Watched things fly across the room?

I think the whole subject is really interesting. I'm hoping some of you guys have some neat stories. :smile:

Maryland Ghosts

SmallTown

Football season!
Ahh, the stories I could tell :smile:

Too much involved for an online discussion.. I will say they yes I do believe in this sort of thing.. Fascinating stuff if you ask me.

blueeyes76

Shortly after my Father died, I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a man standing in my doorway. I couldn't make out any features, all I saw was a silhouette. I was 10 at the time so it scared me pretty bad, I closed my eyes really tight and when I opened them he was gone. I asked my Mom and my brother about it the next morning and both of them said they didn't get out of bed at all during the night.

I've lost two of my best friends in the last 6 years. They both came to say goodbye to me in my dreams right after they died. They come to visit me sometimes in my dreams, so does my Dad. People probably think I'm crazy, but I don't believe that it's just my subconscious.

Mountain MaMa

WV bound
Has happened to me only once. I was going through a bad time emotionally, came downstairs, in the middle of the night, and my grandmothers rocking chair was rocking. She had passed a couple of months before. I sat down in it, felt a peace come over me, and after that my problems were resolved. Coincidence?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Absolutely!

I have felt and seen "ghosts". I have also on occassion "known" something was going to happen, and it did.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by RoseRed
Absolutely!

I have felt and seen "ghosts". I have also on occassion "known" something was going to happen, and it did.

One thing I am glad doesn't happen anymore is I used to see future events in my dreams.. Back home, we had the big flood of '86.. A month prior I had a dream about such a flood and some of the events during the flood..

My grandfather had been sick on and off for awhile, but I never thought about him dying.. One night I go to bed and I'm almost asleep when my eyes open and I felt very scared.. Saying please don't die.. And had cold chills.. The next morning I awake to people in the house and them breaking the news to me that he had passed away over night..

This is a little off topic of the discussion of ghosts, just a follow up to rose's post.

K

Kain99

As far as Ghosts go - When I first moved to the Farm I was walking across the field and I swear to God in heaven that there was a large hand on my back pushing me along.... I know it sounds crazy but it happened.

The kids used to swear that a man in a black hat would be in the house. At first they were afraid but then it just kinda became normal. All three of them constantly described the same details. A man in a black hat who would take off his hat - show his bald head and smile. Sometimes he'd be in the kitchen but usually in the livingroom. *Weird *

K

Kain99

Originally posted by SmallTown
One thing I am glad doesn't happen anymore is I used to see future events in my dreams..

I've always wondered.... What is it that makes one capable of having premonitions?

Obviously we don't use most of our brains but how is it you tap into the half you don't normally use?

Smalltown why do you think you don't have them anymore? Did you block the capability out because it scared you or did it just turn off? If you tried could you turn it back on?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
My Mom has had several odd things happen. My Dad works nights, and no one is in the house at night besides her. A couple times she has been awakened by her bedroom doorknob, which she keeps locked, wagging back and forth as if someone is trying to enter from the other side. She's not scared of that sort of thing, though, and tells 'it' to stop. It usually takes a couples times, but then it stops. There are all sorts of other things that have happened to her, too!

I do believe in the paranormal and ghosts.

I think kids have an innocence about them, and animals too, that allow them to be more 'open' to accept things like this. Which is why you hear a lot about kids, like Kain's, seeing things. I used to live in Hollywood on the top floor of Prep and Play preschool on Mervell Dean Road, and the house is Mervell Dean's old home. The owners of the center lived there before me, and their youngest daughter reported seeing a 'man' in the garage several times that matched the description of Mervell (without ever seeing a picture of him). Interesting! There was a sensor alarm there that went off many times when I lived there, and who knows what set it off each time. There was no one in the house but me, and I was upstairs asleep each time it went off. I don't buy into that being some ghostly event, though, and probably would just assume the alarm was screwed up if I hadn't previously heard other ghost stories about the house.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Kain99
I've always wondered.... What is it that makes one capable of having premonitions?

Obviously we don't use most of our brains but how is it you tap into the half you don't normally use?

Smalltown why do you think you don't have them anymore? Did you block the capability out because it scared you or did it just turn off? If you tried could you turn it back on?

I don't know, it used to just happen.. But it always seemed to be about "bad" events.. Not sure why it stopped.. Around the time I went to college it stopped (maybe too much beer??)..

J

justhangn

I'm a believer.

The people that we bought the house from lost their 8-month pregnant daughter less than a year before we bought the house.

The kids have had contact with the ghost several times and they would go weeks not wanting to sleep in their rooms because of the "light". I have seen "shadows" of a thin vapor run up to the front window, like someone would if they were looking out.

I first told them it was their imagination, that didn’t help for long, then I told them that the ghost wouldn’t hurt them, it was friendly, that didn’t last long either. Finally I had to lie :bonk: to them. One day after a sleepover, I told them I had hired the Ghostbusters to come and suck up the ghost and put down stuff to keep them away. It’s worked now for about 3 years. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've had several close calls - was supposed to be somewhere, bailed at the last minute, and something bad happened to the people I was supposed to be with - but I've never had a true premonition nor have I ever seen any ghosts. My girlfriend says the "angels" were watching over me whenever I dodged a bullet. My reply is why would the angels watch over me and not my friends?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by vraiblonde
My reply is why would the angels watch over me and not my friends?

I know your feelings on this but I only know one way to answer. :smile:

Bad things happen - You have two roads to take. On one hand you can call it luck. On the other you may belive that there is a grand plan and your part just isn't finished yet.

BudoPo

My mom saw her mother's ghost shortly after she passed away. She never believed in ghosts until then. I've never seen a ghost myself, though (I have seen spirits, but not ghosts).

As for Vrai's close calls, my martial art group actually trains to listen to that voice that tells you not to be somewhere. It's save me a couple of times. And hey, playing "duck duck goose" (what we called one of the exercises) with a bunch of overgrown kids in a martial art school has got to be fun.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
My dad had an 'out of body' experience in the hospital. :bubble:

I believe him 100%.
My Aunt was pronounced legally dead for 5 minutes. She doesn't like to talk about it, so I have never really been able to get her take on it.

K

Kain99

Out of Body is 100% real! No doubt about it. When I worked for LPVRS we picked up a guy in the parking lot in San Souci Plaza who had Overdosed on Heroine.

No Pulse
Not Breathing
Hypothermic

They revived him at Shock Trauma and ten days later he asked for myself and a co-worker by name. He explained that he watched us work on him. Claimed he could see and hear everything.

Doc

Originally posted by RoseRed
I have also on occassion "known" something was going to happen, and it did.

Years ago, I was sitting alone reading when the phone rang. All of a sudden, before I even got up to answer the phone I knew who was calling: it was my mother, calling to tell me that my ailing grandmother had died. I picked up the phone and...

It was a freaking telemarketer trying to sell me vinyl siding. My grandmother, meanwhile, got better and lived several more years.

That's a dumb story. What's the point?

See, most people tend to remember only the outliers and forget the commonplace. Nearly every time the phone rings, you think to yourself, "Hey that might be so-and-so." You remember the one or two times you get it right, and forget the thousands of times you were wrong. Same thing with dreams. Couple of months ago I dreamt of my house flooding. It has yet to happen. But if by coincidence my house flooded the next day, I might believe I had some paranormal insight. I'd remember that dream and forget the thousands of times I'd dreamt of fires, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters that never happened.

So I believe you when you say you've "known" something would happen and then it did. But I bet you're forgetting about the much larger number of instances where you "knew" something would happen and then it didn't.

K

Kain99

Hey I just had a premonition! Somebodies gonna kick Doc's butt! :wink:

J

justhangn

:lol: WITH Doc..... too true I say.

It's just like bad relationships, after a time, you only seem to remember the good times and forget about the bad times. (unless the bad times were THAT traumatic)