WHAAA? Democrats Force Closed Meeting on Iraq

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Taken by surprise, Republicans derided the move as a political stunt.
Ya think???

They keep saying, "No WMD have been found! NO WMD have been found!" But what they neglect to mention is that there SHOULD have been weapons found, or at least there should have been a record of their destruction. We KNOW Saddam had them. Where did they go? The UN doesn't seem very interested in finding out, which tells me that the players are getting their palms greased, just like in the oil-for-food.

B

Bruzilla

This stunt had nothing do with WMDs and everything to do with Judge Alito. The study that Reid brought up is already scheduled to occur and is just awaiting the initial stage research to be completed. There is nothing that Reid said he was asking for that hasn't already been identified, approved, and scheduled by the Senate.

What Reid did was invoke a rule that states that any Senate member can request a closed-door session to discuss classified matters provided the request is seconded by at least one other member. When this happens all work of the Senate is suspended, in this case discussion on the deficit reduction bill, the chamber is cleared, and closed-door meetings commence. What this was is a tactic to delay the business of the Senate so that confirmation hearings for Judge Alito cannot be finished before the Thanksgiving recess, meaning that they will be delayed until 2006 thus giving Democrats more time to throw mud at the man and hope that something sticks. The longer that Democrats can hold up the business of the Senate, the better chance they have of forcing the hearings into next year.

dustin

UAIOE
Bruzilla said:
This stunt had nothing do with WMDs and everything to do with Judge Alito. The study that Reid brought up is already scheduled to occur and is just awaiting the initial stage research to be completed. There is nothing that Reid said he was asking for that hasn't already been identified, approved, and scheduled by the Senate.

What Reid did was invoke a rule that states that any Senate member can request a closed-door session to discuss classified matters provided the request is seconded by at least one other member. When this happens all work of the Senate is suspended, in this case discussion on the deficit reduction bill, the chamber is cleared, and closed-door meetings commence. What this was is a tactic to delay the business of the Senate so that confirmation hearings for Judge Alito cannot be finished before the Thanksgiving recess, meaning that they will be delayed until 2006 thus giving Democrats more time to throw mud at the man and hope that something sticks. The longer that Democrats can hold up the business of the Senate, the better chance they have of forcing the hearings into next year.
next thing ya know they'll claim Alito is a Sith Lord.

Racingwolf

vraiblonde said:
Ya think???

They keep saying, "No WMD have been found! NO WMD have been found!" But what they neglect to mention is that there SHOULD have been weapons found, or at least there should have been a record of their destruction. We KNOW Saddam had them. Where did they go? The UN doesn't seem very interested in finding out, which tells me that the players are getting their palms greased, just like in the oil-for-food.

:howdy:

The Republicans got what was coming to them and I think it is great that "Cat Killer" Frist threw a temper tantrum after the closed door session. What a great way to FINALLY get them to set a date. I can't wait till the Libby trial when all of this will come out to the American people and everyone will see what kind of liars we have in the White House! WAY TO GO DEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :lmao: :lmao:

And Vrai, no one really cares if you hate Democrats. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Have you ever wondered...

Racingwolf said:

The Republicans got what was coming to them and I think it is great that "Cat Killer" Frist threw a temper tantrum after the closed door session. What a great way to FINALLY get them to set a date. I can't wait till the Libby trial when all of this will come out to the American people and everyone will see what kind of liars we have in the White House! WAY TO GO DEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :lmao: :lmao:

...how you fine folks will look in history books?

At the end of the day what you oppose is the removal of a known mass murderer, user of WMD's and the liberation of an entire people.

At the end of the day, if you had your way, Saddam Hussein would still be in power, still plotting, still doing all the things the UN, Bill Clinton and everyone else KNOWS he did and was doing.

At the end of the day, you stand in support of a rather brutal man and oppossed to the man who got rid of him.

At the end of the day you stand in opposition to democracy and rule of law being implemented, given a chance, in one of the more brutal, ugly regions of the world.

You are against the hope, the chance that freedom will one day reign in a region that probably can only strive for that with our help.

You are against, in comparison, deposing Hitler at small cost in 1938 before he was to cost 40,000,000 lives.

I just wonder why, why 'liberals' are against a war of choice, a war of...

Liberation.

Why?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Racingwolf said:
And Vrai, no one really cares if you hate Democrats.
EVERYONE hates people who pick their nose and eat their boogers, not just me. Just because you're a booger eater yourself doesn't mean you speak for the masses.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And PS, Wolf - you're a dictator lover. And a terrorist lover.

Booger eating terrorist dictator lover. Ha ha! :pointsandlaughs:

B

Bruzilla

Racingwolf said:
I can't wait till the Libby trial when all of this will come out to the American people and everyone will see what kind of liars we have in the White House! WAY TO GO

I wouldn't want to put those dancing shoes on quite yet if I were a Dem. The review of pre-war intelligence failures has been expanded quite a bit now since "so many" citizens want to know everything that went wrong. The report isn't going to just start at Bush's push for war in 2001 and the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent failure to find WMDs... it's going to back all the way to 1992 and will cover all the little and BIG boners (all puns intended) that were pulled by the Democrats during the Clinton years, as well as all of the mis-steps and authoratative information yielded up by Democrats from 1992 to today. There are going to be a lot of embarrassed politicians on both sides of the isle getting egged by this report, and I'm thinking that with eight years of boners the Dems are going to come out looking worse, especially since much of the faulty pre-war intelligence currently pinned on Republicans was actually developed and assessed prior to Bush being elected.

So... you might want to shut off the Village People's "YMCA" and start dancing to... say... "Oh Wo Is Me". :lol:

Pete

Repete
Racingwolf, I agree ... LIARS LIARS LIARS Every stinking one of them are LIARS

Including this bunch of warmongerer who started the WMD LIE years before Bush came into office!!

To help you out I bolded the names of the nasty LIARS and I made the pre-Bush date red.

LIARS LIARS LIARS EVERY STINKING ONE OF THEM LIED LIED LIED

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 |

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
OMG Racingwolf there are MORE!! LIARS they should be investigated and jailed!

They saw the same intel as Bush and we all know, according to you and the liberals of course, he is a BOLD FACED LIAR, I can only assume that they all conspired in this LIE because they said it too. SOME OF THEM 2 YEARS BEFORE BUSH TOOK OFFICE!

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Pete...

...you hear anything about Kerry? I heard something along the lines of he outed someone in the CIA a few years back but it all kinda went away.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...you hear anything about Kerry? I heard something along the lines of he outed someone in the CIA a few years back but it all kinda went away.
Larry,

In all honesty I heard that John Kerry went into CAMBODIA DURING THE WAR IN NAM! What a huge NO NO! He stated HE WAS WITH CIA guys and he NAMED one!

Pete

Repete
Racingwolf said:

Harry Reid! WHAT A LEADER

:bawl: <---Harry :tantrum <----Harry

The birth of his 16th grandchild moved him SOOOOOOO much he has become introspective and worried about America.

I just read that Aaron Brown from CNN got fired. Perhaps Reid could hire him as a "sincerity coach" because we all know Aaron Brown is the MASTER at feigned sincerity and Harry needs work.

ylexot

Super Genius
The Racingwolf style of "throw out a completely moronic statement and run" reminds me of a nice movie quote. So this one's for you Racingwolf:

"Just as I thought...you're a gutless turd."

-The Breakfast Club

B

Bruzilla

Larry Gude said:

During the election campaigning, when the Swift Boat Vets started calling Kerry on his BS about being in Cambodian waters during Christmas, he replied in a speech that he had been there, and had talked to a covert CIA agent, who he identified by name, and talked about how the guy had given him a hat. So, yes he did out a covert agent, but the agent outing law did not apply as this guy's been out of the business for years.

Racingwolf

ylexot said:
The Racingwolf style of "throw out a completely moronic statement and run" reminds me of a nice movie quote. So this one's for you Racingwolf:

"Just as I thought...you're a gutless turd."

No, I have to work, not like you who sits on here all day and does NOTHING!

I really don't care that you are calling me names, as a matter of fact i think it is funny! You have to resort to that because the REPUBLICANS are falling apart and you know it. If you want moronic statements you should read some of your own. :lmao:

Gutless turd is pretty funny coming from someone like you. :howdy: