Meet the Puggle.......

rack'm

Jaded
kwillia said:
I don't see it as being any worse then backyard purebreed breeders. :ohwell:

IF they are purebred I'd say it's ok, but making mutts just cause isn't a good thing. IMO

rack'm said:
IF they are purebred I'd say it's ok, but making mutts just cause isn't a good thing. IMO
I feel that since most purebred breeds carry such high risks for hereditary health issues, purebreds aren't all that. :ohwell:

rack'm

Jaded
kwillia said:
I feel that since most purebred breeds carry such high risks for hereditary health issues, purebreds aren't all that. :ohwell:

Yes and no.....my Sheppard is supposed to be highly resistant to hip displacia (crossing fingers)

We used to breed Bichon's, they were purebred and all that good stuff.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
kwillia said:

:yeahthat:

Some of the purebreds are so inbred, that particular family line has a mound of health issues.

And with pugs, they are prone to having breathing issues as one of the main problems due to them having a smushed nose. By breeding a pug with a beagle (puggle) this helps to lower the breathing issue.

jwwb2000 said:
:yeahthat:

Some of the purebreds are so inbred, that particular family line has a mound of health issues.

And with pugs, they are prone to having breathing issues as one of the main problems due to them having a smushed nose. By breeding a pug with a beagle (puggle) this helps to lower the breathing issue.
Honestly folks... how the heck do you think they came up with most of the "registered" breeds out there. :duh: