MAC Pigment

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ladies this is a revolution in eyeshadow. I rarely wear eyeliner so a shadow that looks good and has staying power is a must. I've historically used the regular MAC shadow and was happy. Picked up the pigment this weekend and it's the best.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
What is it, Pix? Powdery? More wet? Kind of like a lip stain?
It's a highly concentrated powder. Comes in small cannister w/screw-top lid. Can be used as shadow, liner, blush, etc.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
It's a highly concentrated powder. Comes in small cannister w/screw-top lid. Can be used as shadow, liner, blush, etc.

It has staying power. It's super light. I put it on yesterday morning at about 9:00 and when I got in the shower at 10:30 it still looked as good as when I put it on in the morning. I can't stand anything heavy and cakey so I usually comprimise hoe long it will last. This is light and stays!

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
pixiegirl said:
It has staying power. It's super light. I put it on yesterday morning at about 9:00 and when I got in the shower at 10:30 it still looked as good as when I put it on in the morning. I can't stand anything heavy and cakey so I usually comprimise hoe long it will last. This is light and stays!
Where do you buy it??

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
Locally the only place that carries MAC products is Hechts. You can order online and Chasey says it's on ebay.
:yeahthat: And they JUST started carrying it not long ago. Oh, how the mall is now ritzy. :lol:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Hey Pix, how's the rest of their makeup? Specifically their foundation and cover-up? I'm looking for the not-so-orangy look at the end of the day...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
ememdee19 said:
Hey Pix, how's the rest of their makeup? Specifically their foundation and cover-up? I'm looking for the not-so-orangy look at the end of the day...

I have been using the Studio Fix exclusively since I was 18. It's a powder foundation that covers really well without being cakey. It's very versatile. It comes with a sponge. You can wet the sponge for heavy coverage (it tends to be heavy though), dry sponge for average coverage, or use a powder brush for light coverage. I use the dry sponge and don't have to use any powder at all.

Lancome has a similar product called Dual Finish that I've used in a pinch. It's good but not quite as good as the Studio Fix.

The MAC is also cheaper. It's $24 for the compact and it'll last me at least 3-4 months.

Pete

Repete
pixiegirl said:
Freudian slip? :razz:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
pixiegirl said:
I have been using the Studio Fix exclusively since I was 18. It's a powder foundation that covers really well without being cakey. It's very versatile. It comes with a sponge. You can wet the sponge for heavy coverage (it tends to be heavy though), dry sponge for average coverage, or use a powder brush for light coverage. I use the dry sponge and don't have to use any powder at all.

Lancome has a similar product called Dual Finish that I've used in a pinch. It's good but not quite as good as the Studio Fix.

The MAC is also cheaper. It's $24 for the compact and it'll last me at least 3-4 months.

Thanks. How long does the coverage typically last you in a day?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
ememdee19 said:
Thanks. How long does the coverage typically last you in a day?

It goes all day at work. If I'm going out afterwards I'll touch up a little. It doesn't settle into your creases like a lot of heavier make-up does. :yuck:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
pixiegirl said:
It goes all day at work. If I'm going out afterwards I'll touch up a little. It doesn't settle into your creases like a lot of heavier make-up does. :yuck:

Just looked on ebay...

All of their shades are categorized by numbers rather than actual color. WTF?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
ememdee19 said:
Just looked on ebay...

All of their shades are categorized by numbers rather than actual color. WTF?

Cool, Warm and Neutral. Lightest is 1. I'm more olive skined so I get a C. My mom is rosey and gets a W. You could start Neutral if you're unsure.