Area theaters showing Harry Potter during the day Friday

amethyst_babes

I'd like to see Harry Potter on Friday during the day before I decide to allow my daughter to see it. Unfortunately, Loews isn't showing it until 3:30. I am not familiar with any other area theaters. Can anyone recommend one to me that might have a showing around 11?

Thanks

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
amethyst_babes said:
I'd like to see Harry Potter on Friday during the day before I decide to allow my daughter to see it. Unfortunately, Loews isn't showing it until 3:30. I am not familiar with any other area theaters. Can anyone recommend one to me that might have a showing around 11?

Thanks
Have you tried the theaters in St. Charles? go to www.fandango.com and search all the theaters using your zip code.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Muvico at arundle mills is playing it in like 20 of their 24 theaters I think starting friday afternoon through sunday. My kiddos have seen all the others so I dont think it will be too much of a problem. My 4yr old loves jurassic park and all that stuff so im sure he will be ok.. They do say this one is a little darker then the previous ones.

Tina2001aniT

FastCarsSpeed said:
Muvico at arundle mills is playing it in like 20 of their 24 theaters I think starting friday afternoon through sunday. My kiddos have seen all the others so I dont think it will be too much of a problem. My 4yr old loves jurassic park and all that stuff so im sure he will be ok.. They do say this one is a little darker then the previous ones.
Yeah, I heard that this morning, and also that the monsters (or whatever they are in "harry Potter Land" are more realistic and scarier in this one.....My kiddo told me this morning that your kiddo might be scared...roflmao

duzzey1a

I wish we could get a Movico down here in St. Mary's. In Los Angeles, they have a movie theater that serves drinks, :cheers: and has a menu of munchies before the show. This place also has either a short skit or comedian before each viewing. Cost more to get in though.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Tina2001aniT said:
Yeah, I heard that this morning, and also that the monsters (or whatever they are in "harry Potter Land" are more realistic and scarier in this one.....My kiddo told me this morning that your kiddo might be scared...roflmao

LOL

I just watched the Trailer.. Damn this thing looks like the best yet. Kiddos are definately gonna be on the edge of their seats if not in our armpits hahahaha.

Last edited:

Tina2001aniT

FastCarsSpeed said:
LOL

I just watched the Trailer.. Damn this thing looks like the best yet. Kiddos are definately gonna be on the edge of their seats if not in our armpits hahahaha.
I think I am gonna go home and at least watch the first one tonight since I am totally uneducated on Harry Potter....:ohwell:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Tina2001aniT said:
I think I am gonna go home and at least watch the first one tonight since I am totally uneducated on Harry Potter....:ohwell:

If your butt didnt always fall asleep you woulda seen them all by now since me and the kiddos always watch em.

watercolor

yeah yeah
We have tickets for the 10:15 pm show tomorrow night! We went on fandango and got them. the 7 pm showing is sold out for opening night- but the 10:15 show still has some tickets on sale. Of course this is for the lowes in lexpk. We just printed out our ticket- and wait in line- and give that to the ticket holder- instead of going up to the box office. :smile:

And FastCarsSpeed- that dragon- I have been looking around- is part CG and part animatronics... could you imagine seeing that big animatronic dragon- in action. :yikes:

Lilypad

Harry Potter fans--2 'Potter' Characters Will Die

Author J.K. Rowling said two characters will die in the last installment of her boy wizard series, and she hinted Harry Potter might not survive either.

"I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books," Rowling said Monday on TV here.

"I can completely understand, however, the mentality of an author who thinks, "Well, I'm gonna kill them off because that means there can be no non-author-written sequels. So it will end with me, and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character'."

Rowling declined to commit herself about Harry, saying she doesn't want to receive hate mail. "The last book is not finished. But I'm well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end," she said.

Some characters might die, but the blockbuster movie franchise lives on. Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that the fifth installment will be released in U.S. theaters, including Imax screens, on July 13, 2007.

In "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," directed by David Yates, the teenage Harry continues to battle the evil Lord Voldemort (again played by Ralph Fiennes) and his followers. Daniel Radcliffe is returning as the title character, and Emma Watson and Rupert Grint reprise their roles as Hermione and Ron. Oscar-nominated actress Imelda Staunton plays the malicious, frumpy Professor Dolores Umbridge, who tortures Harry.

"The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve. But I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," she said. "A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extras do they? They go for the main characters. Well, I do."

Rowling is the richest woman in Britain-wealthier than even the queen-with a fortune estimated by Forbes magazine last year at more than $1 billion.

Whatever she writes next, Rowling is sure of one thing: It won't be as successful as Harry Potter. "I don't think I'm ever going to have anything like Harry again. You just get one like Harry."