The Brilliant protesters...

Hessian

I would love to see a half hour of the bizarre antics and signs of the weeny yellow-backs up in DC tomorrow.

I watched some of the losers building a trash pile on wheels last weekend and was snickering to myself as this delightful 19 year old was painting signs (outside) in 30 degree weather and then she puzzled why it wouldn't dry. (Loser)

I'm glad it will be bitter cold...very reminiscent of the protests before desert storm...so much for those hand-holding candle-burning-vigil chanting leftists.

Its pure entertainment.
Let their be peace on Earth...

Nuke Iraq and much of the middle East!:blushing:

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
No need to nuke anyone. Why use a pressure-washer when toilet paper is enough to remove this excrement?

Hessian

I also get a kick out it when the Green peace and save the whales and environmentalists all march together and then leave tons of their trash behind for others to clean up.
Licenses to demonstrate should include the clean up fee....this is only common sense...it would prevent these trash strewing masses from coming and leaving their filth.

Snow Shovel

I listened to some of the protest on CSPAN radio yesterday. What a bunch of illogical, liberal, whiney crap. The war is wrong because Slick Willie got impeached? That makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:
It is good that we Americans have the right to voice our opinions no matter how stupid they may be. Problem is that these folks were pushing the stupidity envelope.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Hessian
Nuke Iraq and much of the middle East!:blushing:

Once we have the spoils of war, ie. Iraq's Oil, I think we should all go out and buy a Suburban, Excursions, or maybe a Corvette. (Just to p!ss off the envorinmental jerks who are running that "SUV's support terrorism" commercial.)

demsformd

Actually, Oz, the commercials that you are referring to are being run by the conservative commentator Adriana Huffington. She has some valid points there too. Terrorists all live in oil-rich countries that benefit from American money for oil.

Snow shovel, I watched the protests as well and well some of it made no sense just as the episode that you alluded to. Yet much of it had basis in fact just the anti-war demonstrators had a different interpretation that you have of the whole thing. American oil companies would definitely benefit from a war with Iraq and the assertion that life is too precious to kill overseas over such trivial matters is also understandable. I support President Bush on this one but the views of the anti-war people cannot be dismissed as illogical (whiney, yeah most likely).

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by demsformd
Actually, Oz, the commercials that you are referring to are being run by the conservative commentator Adriana Huffington. She has some valid points there too. Terrorists all live in oil-rich countries that benefit from American money for oil.

I didn't call them liberal or conservative but rather "environmental jerks."

My car has a 265hp engine, and I have to burn 93 octane as per the owners manual requirement of a minimum of 91 octane, which is not available in the US. (87/89/93 octane = regular, plus and super.) Right now, I'm getting about 17MPG thanks to the cold weather, and my short travel distances. Formerly, I had one of those Super-sized SUV land yachts, and it averaged 16.5mpg year round. I guess I support terrorism? That's a real stretch, DFM.

If I drink beer, I must support alcoholism too? People who smoke support lung cancer. McDonalds customers support clogged arteries and heart attacks? (At least answer YES so you're consistent!) If someone drives a tuna can and shops at WalMart, do they support terrorism? They don't burn as much fuel as I do... But, the goods they are shopping for arrived at the store on a tractor-trailer burning some form of petroleum, and they're shopping in a store that might be heated by gas or oil, (or electricity generated by oil burning.) How about everyone who orders from Amazon and has UPS deliver their package right to their door. They must support terrorism, because without their patronage we wouldn't need all of those extra brown petroleum burning trucks.

Industry, commerce, our personal lives, and our economy all rotate around the petroleum industry in some way. It cannot be avoided. Our society revolves around petroleum, so it's not fair to single out SUV drivers. It's a foolish point to make, because so many aspects of our lives can be tied to the same reason for supporting terrorism.

People who drive SUV's don't support terrorism. That is a silly and ridiculous assertion.

demsformd

Then Oz, would you think that buying drugs supports terrorism? Any form of buying fuel in my opinion keeps the Arab World going and as a by-product the terrorists that they support. Not just for SUV's but all cars. Why can't everyone just buy an electrical car? It's actually quite nice.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Then Oz, would you think that buying drugs supports terrorism? Any form of buying fuel in my opinion keeps the Arab World going and as a by-product the terrorists that they support. Not just for SUV's but all cars. Why can't everyone just buy an electrical car? It's actually quite nice.

Buying drugs in our country supports breaking the law, not terrorism. So now you're trying to compare something that is legal (buying fuel) to something that is illegal like buying drugs?

You're all over the place here, DFM...

Electrical cars? Today, in our country, that is not an option. There are some electrical hybrids that run on fuel and cruise on electricity. But, why bother with that, because a whole lot of electricity in our country is generated in fuel oil burning stations, like Chalk Point. Why? Because the same environmentalists have opposed nuclear generation of electricity, which is much more efficient.

What do you drive? Do you have one of those hybrids?

Biscuit

Livin' Large
Actually, Terrorists all live in oil-rich countries that benefit from American money for oil.

Then this would be considered state sponsored terrorism. If that is the case, then we should remove those governing officials from power by any means necessary.

I am glad to see you support any war agianst a nation that produces oil and supports terrorism. I don't believe we should shift blame to SUV owners. The Blame belongs to those that funnel funds to the terrorist.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Oz
People who smoke support lung cancer.

Uhmm, Yes... They do. when you have everyone telling you that smoking causes cancer and you still do it, then you must be supporting it (or just plain dumb)

Your others examples are well taken :smile:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
This will make you laugh. . . . .

Originally posted by Oz
If someone drives a tuna can, and they shop at Wal*Mart, do they support terrorism?
:offtopic: In a way this is, in a way this isn't. Would it surprise anyone to know that more than 70% of the goods Wal*Mart sells
to the public is imported from mainland China? Next time you go there to shop, check out the labels sewn in the neck of the garment, or any label on toys, infants clothes, and other wearable goods. Mainland China is one of our strongest allies, right?

:rolleyes: penn

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Yes - China, the land of conservation and environmental responsibility.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
About 20% of our oil currently comes from the Middle East. Most of it comes from Mexico and Canada now.
However, that number would be considerably lower if it weren't for SUV's.
On the other hand...I couldn't help but wonder yesterday how many of the namby-pamby protesters screaming about "war for oil" drive SUV's.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by bknarw

On the other hand...I couldn't help but wonder yesterday how many of the namby-pamby protesters screaming about "war for oil" drive SUV's.
:biggrin: BK, I don't think they want you to go there! If you noticed, there were some pretty well-heeled folks speaking their mind at that rally; with that kind of money readibly available, I would imagine there were one or two SUVs in the parking garages.

penn

Hessian

Hear anything about the clashes with police today?
If I were in the police department...I'd love to have a small "Brush fire" truck and give them a decent soaking...I believe life would become miserable very quickly for them.
They'd run for their gasoline powered vans & diesel busses , crank up their blowers and support some terrorists.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Hessian
Hear anything about the clashes with police today?
If I were in the police department...I'd love to have a small "Brush fire" truck and give them a decent soaking...I believe life would become miserable very quickly for them.
:razz2: You know, it kind of depends on what you'd spray them with. Is poison ivy available in liquid concentrate formula?

:biggrin: penn

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I admire idealism simply because I'm so jaded and cynical. But at some point you have to wonder - don't these people realize that by throwing out the despots and dictators, the US is actually promoting peace? How can there be world peace if there are national leaders who are starving their citizens and preventing free speech? How can there be peace when these same leaders are encouraging their citizens to make war on other cultures and religions?

Let's put this in terms that most people can understand:

Let's say you have a guy in your neighborhood who is just NOT a good neighbor. He's constantly causing problems: beats his wife and children, vandalizes other people's homes, throws rocks at cars that pass through the neighborhood, acts ugly to other neighbors who aren't of his religion and skin color, etc. Now, to top it off, he's started sending his friends over to beat up you and your family members and vandalize your property.

When you go over and tell him to cut it out, he says, "I'm not responsible for what my friends do - take it up with them." And he says, "Tell ya what - if you give me your power tools and your new car and pay me $5,000 a month, I'll be nicer." The wife comes over to you and say, "Please don't call the cops! We can't survive without my husband's income!"

So what are you going to do? Are you going to take pity on the wife and kids and give the guy your power tools, car and money? Or are you going to call the cops?

For 8 years, Bill Clinton gave the guy stuff and let our country be extorted. Bush has decided to call the cops. It's that simple.