Vet Recommendations

Does anyone have an awesome vet that they can recommend?? We are moving to MD in a week and while I am hoping that it will be a while before I need one, I would like to have a name handy just in case. Here is the 411 also, I have 1 cat with feline ashma and 1 dog with epilepsy, then 1 healthy cat and 1 healthy but old dog, this is just in case someone else has encountered the same illnesses with their animals. TIA

angelchild

Vet

I never really post here but I saw this thread and I wanted to say that All Kinds Vet in Callaway, is the best vet around. I went there when my dog was really sick and they really helped me out with everything. They were so kind and they really cared about the pets and their owners. I had to put my dog down and they were great about it. They never rushed us and they cleared out the whole place so we could have the privacy we needed. They also sent us a nice card and gift after everything was over. They went above and beyond the call the entire time.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
angelchild said:
I never really post here but I saw this thread and I wanted to say that All Kinds Vet in Callaway, is the best vet around. I went there when my dog was really sick and they really helped me out with everything. They were so kind and they really cared about the pets and their owners. I had to put my dog down and they were great about it. They never rushed us and they cleared out the whole place so we could have the privacy we needed. They also sent us a nice card and gift after everything was over. They went above and beyond the call the entire time.

Have you taken pets to other vets in the area?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
St. Marys Vet across from gate 1 to Pax River...there a lil expensive.. but they are VERY VERY good...I take my Rotti there for EVERYTHING now...unless its just a simple shot, I take him to the Well Pet Clinic in Great Mills/ Lexington Park near the movie theathers...they seem to be the cheapest price wise on there shots, an its a clean place in all....but if something is wrong with my Rotti I take him to St. Marys....they seem to treat him like its there kid, as he is to me...so I really recommend them...My parents take there dog to Three Notch, a lil expensive, but they really like them also

D

dems4me

speak of the dickens... just called vet with latest problem, and I have to go back there again today.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Greenwelltrp2 said:
Three Notch
Dr Jennifer Chabot/Mathison - she was great with my Schnauzer that had seizures..

:yeahthat: I love all the vets at 3 Notch. I've been going to them for at least 20 years. Dr. Veitch, one of the founders, is absolutely awesome. :yay:

angelchild

elaine said:
Have you taken pets to other vets in the area?
I had taken my dog to st. Mary's Vet there wasn't anything really wrong with them just expensive and I took her to Well Pet Clinic, too. Well Pet didn't catch what was wrong with her.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
angelchild said:
I had taken my dog to st. Mary's Vet there wasn't anything really wrong with them just expensive and I took her to Well Pet Clinic, too. Well Pet didn't catch what was wrong with her.

Sounds like a great deal of experience with local vets. :yay:

V

Vixen

The house just 3 doors down sold and I've been waiting for the "moving to Mechanicsville" thread. :lol: This isn't it of course.

It is exciting when you know you are getting new neighbors. Anyway, :offtopic: good luck with the vet picks. We use Tidewater but that would be rather far coming up to Mechanicsville for vet care.

D

dems4me

Vixen said:
The house just 3 doors down sold and I've been waiting for the "moving to Mechanicsville" thread. :lol: This isn't it of course.

It is exciting when you know you are getting new neighbors. Anyway, :offtopic: good luck with the vet picks. We use Tidewater but that would be rather far coming up to Mechanicsville for vet care.

I thought it would be :shrug:

:lol:

ericw

Vixen said:
We use Tidewater but that would be rather far coming up to Mechanicsville for vet care.

Yeah, we take ours to Tidewater, too. Dr. Parks has been there awhile (he saw my previous dog), while two of the newer vets (Drs. Tacia and Benedict) have seen the new boy - who is finally getting snipped on Monday.

D

dems4me

ericw said:
Yeah, we take ours to Tidewater, too. Dr. Parks has been there awhile (he saw my previous dog), while two of the newer vets (Drs. Tacia and Benedict) have seen the new boy - who is finally getting snipped on Monday.

I too like Tidewater and would probably prefer them, but everytime I try to get an appointment they are always booked solid. Generally, here at St. Mary's if its an emergency they'll see ya same day... speaking of which... gotta run down there now. :huggy:

S

starr

jazz lady said:
:yeahthat: I love all the vets at 3 Notch. I've been going to them for at least 20 years. Dr. Veitch, one of the founders, is absolutely awesome. :yay:
But he is a bad person to work for.
Jazz did your animals ever board? If so what are their names?