Knives

Jameo

What?!
What is a decent brand of kitchen knives? I know Wushtof are good knives, but they a little on the pricey side. Any other recommendations?

H

HollowSoul

Jameo said:
What is a decent brand of kitchen knives? I know Wushtof are good knives, but they a little on the pricey side. Any other recommendations?
Buck :yay:

Jameo said:
I bought knives from Cutco Cutlery a few years ago and they are the bomb. They are pricey but well worth it. :yay: I hate a crappy knife.

Mikeinsmd

sweetpea said:
And your point is?

Seriously...the ones I got from Cutco I bought when the lil one was a baby and they have yet to need sharpening:yahoo:
Thats BC you dont cook!! :killingme Gotta use em to dull em... :killingme (i kill me)

Mikeinsmd said:
Thats BC you dont cook!! :killingme Gotta use em to dull em... :killingme (i kill me)
:smack: What makes you think I don't:tap: I'll have you know that I can cook my azz off. Just cuz I don't have anyone to cook up a storm for doesn't mean I don't or can't. I make a mean manicotti btw:yum:w/ home made sauce too. :razz:

Mikeinsmd

sweetpea said:
:smack: What makes you think I don't:tap: I'll have you know that I can cook my azz off. Just cuz I don't have anyone to cook up a storm for doesn't mean I don't or can't. I make a mean manicotti btw:yum:w/ home made sauce too. :razz:
:lmao: Oooooo........ I bet you do!! I'm a cookin fool today! :yum: Makin sweet taters for the 1st time though.... We'll have to see how they are.

Hey, the popper on my bird popped already. Think it's done? Online chart said that weight should take 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. I put it in at 11

V

Vixen

I just finished mashing my sweet taters with some brown sugar and salt. Now, they have to go in so the marshmallows will melt. I squeezed an orange all over the turkey and crammed what was left up in the bird. It just came out smelling :yum:

Yeah, we've been watching way too much Food Network around here. :whistle:

We also have Cutco knives :yay: expensive but worth it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Go to a kitchen supply store.. you can do as well or better then Cutco for 1/3 the price. Henckel (?) knives are good quality.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Consumer Reports just did a review on kitchen knives in their November issue. Henckels and Wusthof had the highest ratings. Other high ratings went to sets from Tramontina, Lamsonsharp, and Chef's Choice. An eight-piece set from Chicago Cutlery called Metropolitan retailing for $60 garnered a Best Buy rating from them.

I'm in the market for a new knife set myself and will be looking at these. One place I've purchased knives before is Chef's Catalog which sometimes has awesome sales. One knife to get is a santoku, a Japanese knife with a curved spine and dimples on the blade to help food slide off easily. :yay:

Jameo

What?!
jazz lady said:
Consumer Reports just did a review on kitchen knives in their November issue. Henckels and Wusthof had the highest ratings. Other high ratings went to sets from Tramontina, Lamsonsharp, and Chef's Choice. An eight-piece set from Chicago Cutlery called Metropolitan retailing for $60 garnered a Best Buy rating from them.

I'm in the market for a new knife set myself and will be looking at these. One place I've purchased knives before is Chef's Catalog which sometimes has awesome sales. One knife to get is a santoku, a Japanese knife with a curved spine and dimples on the blade to help food slide off easily. :yay:

60 bucks for an 8 piece set :yay: Sold! Now I have my mom christmas present outta the way :biggrin:

I think when I bit the bullet and get a set a knives I gonna go with the Wusthof. My cousin has several of their fillet knives and they are schweet!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Consumer Reports just did a review on kitchen knives in their November issue. Henckels and Wusthof had the highest ratings.

We have both sets. I had the Henckels before I married 2A and I must say his Wusthof's are far superior.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sharon said:
We have both sets. I had the Henckels before I married 2A and I must say his Wusthof's are far superior.

I got an el cheapo set of knives as an interim measure and can't STAND them. I started looking at Wusthof knives last night. :faint: I did find an 18 piece set including the block for about $275 on Ebay, which includes a Santoku knife. :yay:

Now to find replacement cast iron pans and a real set of cookware. The old copper-bottomed Revereware set that was left has GOT to go.

jazz lady said:
Now to find replacement cast iron pans and a real set of cookware. The old copper-bottomed Revereware set that was left has GOT to go.
You aren't really speaking of anything that should be hard to find... is it really...:confused:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
You aren't really speaking of anything that should be hard to find... is it really...:confused:

It is when you don't have time to shop. :banghead: The cast iron pieces I've found have been cheap and I'm still debating on the merits of non-stick vs. regular. :ohwell: