Greenpeace damages coral reef

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Lionfish said:
Personally I think it's a terrible accident but.......if it was anyone else that had the accident they would have been protesting against them stating the ship's crewmembers were careless.

:yeahthat:

It sounds rather ironic to me that Green Peace is there to tell them that global warming is so detrimental to the reef, and it’s actually growing. That reef didn’t just “appear” 1.5 miles from the original reef on the chart. I also think the captain should be fined for negligence for not insuring he had up-to-date charts. I believe that is his responsibility.

Lionfish

I don't think it just appeared 1.5 miles away. Phillipine government is pretty widely known for it's corruption. More likely the surveyor did a crappy job and took the easy money.

W

Wenchy

The Philippine government is corrupt, that is a proven fact.

There are also many proven examples that our government is also corrupt.

The definition of corrupt differs from individual to individual, and nation to nation.

Is corrupt taking money from the "funds" our government has paid for access to their bases, and we are telling the public it will be used to fund educational/ transportational issues, knowing that it will be used to buy shoes, and pad an account for an already wealthy woman, and all we WANT is access? We don't care about the people over there.

Is corrupt paying $200+ for a roll of toilet paper, and then finding a scapegoat, which is then brushed off because we have MORE important things to worry about?

Corruption is everwhere.

The coral reef SHOULD take over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You would think these environmental freaks wouldn't rely solely on charts but also have detailed aerial photography and GPS coordiantes of the area of interest to ensure that they didn't do what they just did.