Value City Furniture

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Anybody ever buy furniture from them? I'm just looking for opinions on dealing with them and how the furniture held up.

I went there yesterday and found a dining room set for $299 consisting of an butcher block top table and four chairs. It seemed pretty durable and well constructed. Link

Anybody have other furniture stores they like? I have to replace quite a lot of furniture and my budget is not limitless, so inexpensive is good. I went to Thompson's and the one dining room set I liked was close to $3,000. :yikes:

SeaRide

My wife bought the dining table from there couple years ago and now it's in our dining room where we sit around it pretty much everyday. We just bought the bedroom set a month ago and we 're satisfied. I think there are some furniture that I would buy but again you will have to screen out which furniture are made good.

Edited ... oh the dealing part is not a problem at all. The one in Waldorf, I just drive to the rear of the store to pick it up (they will tell you when it's available to pick up)

Last edited:

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
I just bought bedroom furniture from them. I was not home, kids were, I put yellow stickys on the wall where I wanted the pieces to go, and they put them there. They set the bed up and took the old one away.

Furniture is very nice, very heavy too.

Bought my kids furnture there last year, and have had no problems.

Elle

Happy Camper!
We bought my mom a living room set from there for Mother's Day this year. So far it's holding up nicely but it's only 6 months old:ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
SeaRide said:
My wife bought the dining table from there couple years ago and now it's in our dining room where we sit around it pretty much everyday. We just bought the bedroom set a month ago and we 're satisfied. I think there are some furniture that I would buy but again you will have to screen out which furniture are made good.

Edited ... oh the dealing part is not a problem at all. The one in Waldorf, I just drive to the rear of the store to pick it up (they will tell you when it's available to pick up)

Thanks for the review. It's good to know it's pretty durable. :yay: I was impressed on the quality for the price. They were also very helpful when I had questions.

I'll have to have it delivered as I don't have the means for transporting it myself. Hopefully that won't cost an arm and a leg.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
amishstalker said:
I just bought bedroom furniture from them. I was not home, kids were, I put yellow stickys on the wall where I wanted the pieces to go, and they put them there. They set the bed up and took the old one away.

Furniture is very nice, very heavy too.

Bought my kids furniture there last year, and have had no problems.

I'm glad to hear that. :clap: I'm looking at mostly dining room and living room furniture right now. I'll look at bedroom furniture for my second bedroom when I finally get it cleaned out. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Elle said:
We bought my mom a living room set from there for Mother's Day this year. So far it's holding up nicely but it's only 6 months old:ohwell:

Well, 6 months is better than some I've seen. :lol: I looked at the living room furniture and was impressed at how comfortable most of them were. It was also nice you could get it in a variety of colors for each kind. Do you remember what style you bought?

Jameo

What?!
I bought my couch and love seat from them and that was almost 2 years ago and it's holding up ok. But whatever you do, GET THE STAIN GUARD!!!!! It's worth the extra $$. I've had just about everything split on my couch and it wipes right off. Even grease and blood have come right off :yay: :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Jameo said:
I bought my couch and love seat from them and that was almost 2 years ago and it's holding up ok. But whatever you do, GET THE STAIN GUARD!!!!! It's worth the extra $$. I've had just about everything split on my couch and it wipes right off.
Thanks for the tip. With dogs, cats, and the penchant for people spilling drinking in my lap, that's probably a good idea. :lol: Do you remember how much extra it was?

Even grease and blood have come right off :yay: :yay:
I don't even want to know. :twitch:

Elle

Happy Camper!
jazz lady said:
Well, 6 months is better than some I've seen. :lol: I looked at the living room furniture and was impressed at how comfortable most of them were. It was also nice you could get it in a variety of colors for each kind. Do you remember what style you bought?
I think this is what we got her, and then 2 additional recliners as well. And like Jameo said, we did pay for the stain protection, I still have 2 younger brothers at home and my dad is a farmer so they are hard on furniture.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Elle said:
I think this is what we got her, and then 2 additional recliners as well. And like Jameo said, we did pay for the stain protection, I still have 2 younger brothers at home and my dad is a farmer so they are hard on furniture.

Thanks! The one I liked is a different style but had the microfiber upholstery like those. I have a gold Catnapper recliner that is just a year old and want to match it to that or get the sofas in a complementary color. It definitely sounds like the stain protection is worthwhile. :yay:

Jameo

What?!
jazz lady said:
Thanks for the tip. With dogs, cats, and the penchant for people spilling drinking in my lap, that's probably a good idea. :lol: Do you remember how much extra it was?

I don't even want to know. :twitch:

I think it was an extra 100 bucks.

2 dogs and a man in the house, you gonna get all kinds of crap on the furniture :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Jameo said:
I think it was an extra 100 bucks.
That doesn't sound so bad. I'll definitely make sure I get it. :yay:

2 dogs and a man in the house, you gonna get all kinds of crap on the furniture :lmao:
No doubt! I won't ask who did the grease and which one did the blood. :whistle:

donbarzini

Bought a dinette set about 6mos ago. Had a problem with one chair that we didn't notice till 2 days after delivery. We called expecting "Too Bad". They asked NO questions. Made an appointment for repair/replace. The repairman arrived 20 minutes EARLY and just replaced the chair, no questions asked.
So far, so good.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Got a couch and loveseat from them about 4 years ago. Holding up well. DO get the stainguard. Everything wipes right up.
When I was testing seat hight on the couches in the store by kneeling in front of them, I got some funny looks.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
donbarzini said:
Bought a dinette set about 6mos ago. Had a problem with one chair that we didn't notice till 2 days after delivery. We called expecting "Too Bad". They asked NO questions. Made an appointment for repair/replace. The repairman arrived 20 minutes EARLY and just replaced the chair, no questions asked.
So far, so good.

Excellent! I'm feeling better and better about getting furniture from them. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
aps45819 said:
Got a couch and loveseat from them about 4 years ago. Holding up well. DO get the stainguard. Everything wipes right up.
When I was testing seat hight on the couches in the store by kneeling in front of them, I got some funny looks.

I'll bet you DID get some funny looks. :lmao: Putting on the stainguard seems to be a given now. Thanks for the info! :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I've bought a sofa/love seat from there before and have been relatively pleased with my purchase. Unfortunately, for me, I change my taste in fabrics almost annually, and refuse to sink another penny in useless sofa slipcovers that -- even when you use those tuck-master things -- they still don't stay put. :mad:

SamSpade

jazz lady said:
Anybody ever buy furniture from them? I'm just looking for opinions on dealing with them and how the furniture held up.

I went there yesterday and found a dining room set for $299 consisting of an butcher block top table and four chairs. It seemed pretty durable and well constructed. Link

Anybody have other furniture stores they like? I have to replace quite a lot of furniture and my budget is not limitless, so inexpensive is good. I went to Thompson's and the one dining room set I liked was close to $3,000. :yikes:
We bought a nice entertainment center from them about two years ago. Just the night before last, my wife was saying "I love this thing; don't you think so?". I've found that their furniture is every bit as good as anyone else's.