"'You pee, you poo, you pay..."

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
...so says Charles County Treasurer Jerome Peuler in this story about the new "flush tax" being imposed on everyone whether you have a multi-toilet operation or your very own outhouse.

I hadn't picked up on this tax coming down the pike before.

bcp

In My Opinion
It seems that the tax is supposed to also help maintain septic systems for those (like me) that are not on any city services.

I wonder, will they give back the 10k that I just spent a couple years ago to install a new drain field? Im sure that will happen.

My personal thought is that they should put a rather large fee on new homes to cover the cost, after all, it is the uncontrolled growth in the state that is causing the problem in the first place. It only seems fair that those new homes be responsible for their fair share of what is going on.

willie

Attachments

• picknose1.jpg
    picknose1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 173
wmburdette said:
...so says Charles County Treasurer Jerome Peuler in this story about the new "flush tax" being imposed on everyone whether you have a multi-toilet operation or your very own outhouse.

I hadn't picked up on this tax coming down the pike before.

"But we don't know whether the process of elimination leaves us with the people who are on well and septic," he said. "I think we'll get the same dramatic increase in calls next year."

The process of "elimination" ? :lmao:

So they found a new way to tax us, shouldn't surprise anyone. They'll probably increase it in a couple years.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Like they said in the movie "Meet the Fockers"

"If it's yellow, let it mellow.
If it's brown, flush it down."

bcp

In My Opinion
well, Another day done.

Im drained.

time to plop down in the bed and get some sleep.

bcp

In My Opinion
maybe we should all go to Annapolis and raise a stink in front of the state house.