Christians are called to be holy

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ever wonder why?

A few nights ago, I was praying and the Holy Spirit laid this message on my heart. It is for me and others that call ourselves Christians.

God has nothing in common with darkness.
John 3:16-21

16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

18"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

20"For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

21"But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."
John 8:12

12Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."
Ephesians 4:29-31

29Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

30Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

31Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
When we do things to grieve the Holy Spirit, when we sin, we walk in darkness and separate ourselves from God. Is it any wonder that we don't hear His voice? Is it any wonder we do not receive His blessings?

The Old Testament is full of examples of men who sought God and then disobeyed Him. While they were obeying His will, He blessed them. When they departed from His ways, He chastened them. When they repented and sought Him, He forgave them and blessed them. Paul writes of the war in his own flesh between the sinful flesh and the Holy Spirit. When we fail, we are not the first to fail. The answer is to keep praying. Keep seeking God and His will in your life. Keep striving to be holy as God is holy.

As we follow God's plan for our life and yield to His way, we draw closer and closer to Him. We gain His wisdom and strength and we are blessed by Him in everything.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
For if the firstfruit be holy,
the lump is also holy:
and if the root be holy,
so are the branches.

So..govvy...my pears have some kind of mold problem. What would you recommend?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, govvy..about the cramps too. Can I buy you a drink?...a pleasant night out..we could talk this out...when was the last time you had any male companionship?