What An American

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
That might be your idea of an American, but to me it shows utter disrespect for our flag by using it as clothing.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
It looks like it a beach towel to me. But you're right Ken, out of respect for our flag, he should take it off.:D

SxyPrincess

What's the difference in sporting a flag on your body or on your car? This guy is showing his American pride!!!

Ken King

PREMO Member
Displaying a flag is one thing, wearing it as clothing is another. It is specifically covered under Title 4 United States Code and it says, “The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.”

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Holy Betsy Ross! You women have no respect. Kens right.

Besides, I gave NO permission to anyone to use the bad pictures of me! I'm suing!

Damn ‘net. No privacy.

Ken King

PREMO Member
It is all a matter of respect. Personally, I see our flag as a representation of the country and a living entity. If you choose to not hold it to the same standard as I do that is your choice.

I feel that both pictures show a lack of respect that our flag deserves.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ken, that ain't what you meant there, old boy?

Sxy, I have a mind of my own and I WILL be judged by what I do, not my glorious bod.

SxyPrincess

Larry,

Will you be wearing your American pride at Christy's drinkfest? :lol:

Someone get in contact with Jim Koch and see if he'll sponsor Christy's party. Maybe we could get some free SA. :lol:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Larry,

You are right, I had to re-read it several times and it was difficult for me to catch what I meant when I said "I feel that both pictures show a lack of respect that our flag deserves." What I meant to say is; I feel that what both pictures lack is the respect that our flag deserves.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

As to your statement, "After all this, I don't know that I shall be able to show my face in public..." I don't think that your face is what they want to see. :lmao: I might come back from vacation early if you're going to pose like that picture. It is something I might dread later but I bet it would be a conversation stopper and worth seeing, if only for the laugh.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah! THAT might replace baseball as the "inning extender"

You know what I mean!

As far as the flag disrespect goes: To me, it's like "hate crimes", IE, we don't need extra protection. Redundancy is for nukes where you get one chance.

The other side of the sword is, of course, open mindedness in regards to those who feel the urge to fight FOR the flag when someone is, shall we say, making a big deal about destroying it, IE burners et al.

"What is that pile of ashes, a burnt flag?"

"Nah, that's the citizen who felt the need to try and burn it as some sort of speech. I objected and he now considering better ways to make a point."

Our ideas are big enough to survive a bit of sacrilege and desecration. The question is, are YOU, Mr. or Mrs. Drama King/Queen, big enough to survive this particular act of "free" speech?

As far as the pic goes, it's just for fun and I detect no malice.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Using it as a towel? Got no problem with that.....

Now, using it as a *diaper* - THAT would offend me!

Ken King

PREMO Member
Larry,

I don't see it as a hate crime, for me it is a matter of respecting one of the symbols of our nation. I guess some just "tolerate" the lack of respect some show towards this emblem, we might as well be allowed to kill Bald Eagles. After all they are only symbols too.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Ken King
Larry,

I don't see it as a hate crime, for me it is a matter of respecting one of the symbols of our nation. I guess some just "tolerate" the lack of respect some show towards this emblem, we might as well be allowed to kill Bald Eagles. After all they are only symbols too.

Well until fairly recently, they were also *endangered*, which makes it a crime to kill them. I imagine if they were as common as pigeons, people would kill them too.

The very measure of how free a society is, is the freedom for someone to say or write something you really can't stand.

(I keep forgetting how Thomas Jefferson phrased that).

Otter

Nothing to see here

Originally posted by Frank

The very measure of how free a society is, is the freedom for someone to say or write something you really can't stand.

(I keep forgetting how Thomas Jefferson phrased that).

There was a line very similar to that in the movie "An American President"...think that was the name of the movie, with Michael Douglas..