Aol And Microsoft Giveaways

PJumper

I've received the attached email below and I'm wondering if there's any truth about it. Can somebody direct me where to check this out?

Dear Friends,
Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later.

Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in
an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will
track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two weeks time period.
For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay
you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on,
Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives
it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact
you for your address and the! n send you a check.

Regards. Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations

1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX

292-1085 Charles_Bailey@csx.com

Charles_bailey@csx.com

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
PJumper said:
I've received the attached email below and I'm wondering if there's any truth about it. Can somebody direct me where to check this out?
Try here

Is this your first computer?

PJumper

aps45819 said:
Try here

Is this your first computer?

No it's not. I thought i've seen this hoax before and just want to know where to verify it to warn my "friends" who sent me the email. Now they know where to check before forwarding email of suspicious origins. thanks for the help.

tirdun

staring into the abyss
As mentioned, its junk. No company has the resources or technology to track who you've forwarded that message to. You could probably track a tiny percentage of email traffic over any given section of the internet if you felt bored enough, but the resources and time required would be a waste.

I'm also wondering why CSX (a railroad company) would be the point of contact for this mesasge.

I could send that email to millions of people if I wanted, and given the claimed $250 an email I'd be rich beyond my wildest dreams and would have bankrupted Gates/Microsoft in moments. Sorry, but Gates (Gates Foundation) is sharing his fortune with the world's poor, and given the fact that you have a PC and internet access, you're not one of them.

willie

quote.....If you ignore this, You will repent later.

That is code for.......Delete this quick.