Some people shouldn't have kids

H

Heretic

I was just in Walmart and witnessed something that really ticked me off. I witnessed a woman having some trouble with her kid but nothing out of the ordinary tell her kid "stop it your such a f'ing retard".

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Heretic
I was just in Walmart and witnessed something that really ticked me off. I witnessed a woman having some trouble with her kid but nothing out of the ordinary tell her kid "stop it your such a f'ing retard".

Was the kid over or under 30??

yakky doodle

:yikes: that's pretty harsh! sounds like a candidate for becoming the next Jeffrey Dahmer with that type of "positive" reinforcement. :rolleyes: :frown:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I hope you took the time to interject as to what you thought of her and how much of a flaming idiot she is. Some people need not so subtle reminders at times and when events give me the opportunity I take advantage of them.

demsformd

Every time that I am out and see parents hit their children or yell incessantly at them I just feel the urge to beat the parent right back...I just don't understand how someone could be that hateful with a child.

Christy

b*tch rocket

Well see, this is where it's a situation of "it depends". I'd have no problem saying that in open public to my 11 year old son because he would know the context. He's got my sick sense of humor (even in anger) and wouldn't be scarred for life if I said that to him. My son laughs his butt off at Malcom in the Middle because he attributes me to be the psycho mom on there! :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yeahthat: Well, I don't know about the "effing" part...but I call my kids idiots when they're being partcularly stupid. I also tell them "Get over and do such-and-such before I beat you." I guess context and tone are the important factors.

K

Kain99

I kinda doubt that Heretic would have posted this if it was said in a joking way. I have a family member that talks to her children like this and all of the kids are really headed for trouble. I think the Federal Government should manadate that all potential parents complete parenting class before they procreate.

Ducking and Running like He!! before you start throwing things. :wink:

H

Heretic

It wasnt said in a joking way, the kid was maybe 6-8 years old.

My first reaction was to go over and punch her right in the nose but not wanting to go to jail or do anything too harsh infront of her kids (yes plural) I just said The apple must not fall far from the tree eh.

Im one of those people that do believe sometimes a kid needs a swat in the butt but certian things you can say to a kid are far worse.

K

Kain99

That's right Heretic! Some things just don't come off with Ajax!

B

Betty_Elms

The sad part is, A LOT of parents are talking to their kids that way! I've seen countless of these idiots out in public places, and every time I wanna smack their faces. Then the parents wonder where the kids got their attitude from.....HELLO!

willie

Maybe it was the same Momma I saw Wednesday. She took a package of chocalate chip cookies off the shelf and gave it to her two brats to shut them up. Needless to say, the cookies were gone when we got to the cashier. Those kids will grow up thinking theft is just another job description.

P

PartiallySane

It's been said already, but I think it all depends on the situation and age of the child. If a parent calls their 5 year old a "fin retard" there is going to be scaring. Yet, if those same parents called their 16 year old a 'fin retard' the teenager propally would laugh it off or kill them in their sleep. I would of stepped in or said something out loud to myself like "Man I hate parents who have to yell at their kids in public" or "Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black"

yet...

Originally posted by Kain99
I think the Federal Government should manadate that all potential parents complete parenting class before they procreate.

Why make the good parents suffer because a bunch of stupid jackasses have kids? PLUS, who will pay for thesse 'classes'? I know a huge majority of Lexington Park that need theses classes, but I think it isn't the government's responsibility to parent parents. Speaking in general: I think if you need to take a class, then your parents didn't do a good job raising you and therefor, the problem isn't you, it's them.

H

Heretic

Yelling at your kids in public is sometimes necessary, sometimes its even necessary to spank them in public but degrading your kid should never happen, its mental abuse plain and simple. People that dont want to be inconvienced by kids and raising them in a decent way should not have them period.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
:mad: I would have said something to the effect my child was retarded and that I was offended that she used that choice of words...Make her feel bad in public....Or just say "excuse me, but that type of language offends me and there are children around who can hear you."

:scowl: Probably wouldn't make much of an impact though....

B

Betty_Elms

Someone who would talk to their own child like that would probably have no problem telling a complete stranger to F off if someone were to say something to her....

JabbaJawz

Be about it
People that dont want to be inconvienced by kids and raising them in a decent way should not have them period.

It's true, but I gave up on that theory a long time ago because people who can procreate will, and there's no stopping them.

P

PartiallySane

Originally posted by Betty_Elms
Someone who would talk to their own child like that would probably have no problem telling a complete stranger to F off if someone were to say something to her....

If some complete stranger told me to F off because I stepped up for their child then I'd end up going to jail for kicking the crap out of them. I don't care who the hell you are, but if you're going to insult your child in public, someone has the right to humiliate you in public, too.

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by PartiallySane
If some complete stranger told me to F off because I stepped up for their child then I'd end up going to jail for kicking the crap out of them. I don't care who the hell you are, but if you're going to insult your child in public, someone has the right to humiliate you in public, too.

Oh, I totally agree with you PS, I was just referring to the mentality of these people.....I would imagine their manners aren't too great...

bbubblyb

When I get mad in public at my misbehaving child I will lean over and whisper in his ear "do you want to go to the bathroom" when he was real young he would say "yea" hehehe now he knows what it means when I say that.

Dawn