Old Stereo

SmallTown

Football season!
As we're preparing ourselves for the big move, it is time for tough decisions. One being my old stereo. It's a Magnavox rack system that I have had since I was about 15(making it around 13 years old). A few years ago it started to mess up. First, the midrange speaker in one of the speaker boxes went out, then a scary smell of something burning from the back of the system. I kept saying I would get it fixed, but never did. Since I don't want to move it, I was thinking about just throwing it away. But then I thought maybe one of the local schools that has a "shop class" might want it. Any one have any information about something like this?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Wow SmallT... With all the cooking, cosmetics, and shopping, I thought you were much older!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You'd be surprised......

Originally posted by Oz
Wow SmallT... With all the cooking, cosmetics, and shopping, I thought you were much older!
:biggrin: Senility knows no age, it can strike anyone, anytime!
Seriously, ST, I don't know if any high schools would take that on as a project, but a possibility for you might be to take it to Mark's Telethon on RTR 235, across from the San Souci Plaza, he might give you something for it, maybe not. His phone# is 301-863-8466, ask and see what he says.

:cool: penn

SmallTown

Football season!
Don't care about getting any money. Just thought maye it could be a learning tool for the shop classes. Oh well.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Ken King
13 years old, burning smell, trash it.

considerig how long it sat around, it may just be dust and dirt in there getting hot and causing the smell. Hasn't been used in about 4 years. Oh well, into the trash it goes.

dolphin

The Technical Center by Leonardtown High School has an electronics class so they might be interested in it..

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by dolphin
The Technical Center by Leonardtown High School has an electronics class so they might be interested in it..
:smile: Do they have a number where they can be reached?

penn

yakky doodle

and I think Pixie's dad collects old tvs and stereos or something. Might PM her with the info and see if he might be interested in it. I think it's just a hobby for him (not into resale).

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Whaddaya mean THINK?

Originally posted by yakky doodle
and I think Pixie's dad collects old tvs and stereos or something. Might PM her with the info and see if he might be interested in it. I think it's just a hobby for him (not into resale).
:razz2: Holy Mackerel! Pixie's dad has a treasure trove in his house! He has some artifacts going back about 50 to 60 years ago with old TVs, Coca Cola soda chests, and old record players, the kind you had to wind up. Awesome. IM4change, BK and I were out in the garage having a smoke, (that was before BK went out in the backyard and stepped into the dog do-do!) and we were oohing and aahing over some of the old record labels, posters and such!
:biggrin: penn