Need Recommendation for wedding

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Ok, I went to the Solomons Island Bridal show and I didn't have a lot of luck with the vendors. I need a videographer who isn't outragesouly expensive and is very good. Can anyone recommend someone they used and liked in the area?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Way to get :offtopic:, ya goons!! :lol:.

Jen - I gave you my only recommendation. They're reasonable compared to the 2 others I had priced. Videos don't come cheap. Is there an amateur video person in your family or friend circle that might do it?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by jeneisen
Ok, I went to the Solomons Island Bridal show and I didn't have a lot of luck with the vendors. I need a videographer who isn't outragesouly expensive and is very good. Can anyone recommend someone they used and liked in the area?

I SAW YOU! :lol:
GAWD! I know...those people there were crazy expensive. You talking about the ones over by the live band people! They were great and had nice presentation but it was WAY WAY to much money.

But 2800 dollars is NUTS! Ommm, I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Why didn't you say something if you saw me, silly? I must not have realized it was you. Anyway I don't mind paying for quality but I was thinking around 1200 - 1800. I think I am going to use Phocus Video. They are about 1600 and had really good work, but I am waiting on a sample from Laurens video person to see how their work was b/c they were 1200 for the same thing. Hopefully I will find someone soon!

PS - I finally found someone to marry me...yeah!! Thank god I took care of that huh. I am such a slacker. Now I need a cake person!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jeneisen
I finally found someone to marry me...yeah!! Thank god I took care of that huh.
:lmao: Sorry --I just had to laugh. :roflmao:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Yeah I told him that its offical now, no getting out of it since I found someone. He just laughed at me as usual.

I'll tell you this wedding stuff is crazy. So much to do. I have 7 months and a million things left.

:bawl:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
We just MUST do a divorce party for Pixie! I'd even volunteer to host it!

Now back to the thread...

I'm just gonna play devil's advocate, and jump in on the cost of the video thing... As a graphic designer, I KNOW how complex and difficult it is to price projects. You don't always know the Pain-in-the-A** (PITA) factor, so with strangers you HAVE to build that into your pricing. If you don't, you'll get hosed when it comes to the final changes/edits/go arounds/etc.!

So, let's say the videographer attends/films EVERYTHING on the day of your wedding, which includes wedding prep (bride primping), the ceremony, and the reception. That's probably a LONG 6-hour event...

Then the actual work starts: editing the film, designing/inserting the graphics (titles, still shots, etc.), re-editing (if you want changes) and final production. (Easily, according to several of my friends in the business who have done this, a 16-20 hour process). So now you have put 26 hours into the project, not counting your travel, equipment, and supply expenses. If you're a freelancer, you also have to incorporate social security, taxes, and healthcare into your final hourly rate... SO, say you pay $1600 for the service; that breaks down to around $60 bucks an hour. Which, after taxes and expenses, probably means the poor guy only cleared about $15-20 hour!

And just think – if you get divorced down the pike, you'll be paying that attorney at least $150-200 hour! So quit complaining about paying the person who's going to document this once-in-a-lifetime (hopefully!) event a measly $60 bucks an hour! :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
HOLY SMOKES! Over a grande for a video!!!! :yikes:

I'd guilt my family and friends into bringing their camcorders and making a bunch of videos! With the nifty wiz bang software they have out these days you could take all the video footage and create a single video of the highlights.

Cheetah

jeneisen - I think this was a previous subject in this forum (but you'll need to really go back a few pages to old topics). Great info on photographers and reception sites were discussed.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Christy
HOLY SMOKES! Over a grande for a video!!!! :yikes:

I'd guilt my family and friends into bringing their camcorders and making a bunch of videos! With the nifty wiz bang software they have out these days you could take all the video footage and create a single video of the highlights.

Tell me about it. I saw the same people she was talking about on sunday...and believe me..they did a spectacular job, but it just is not worth it to pay 2800 dollars. And their door prize was only 150 to 200 dollars off the price. Still way to much.

But in regards to your above, I was informed that same day that my grandma insists on having video footage....sooo therefore, we are looking in to it somehow. *sigh* But then Jess's mom said that her nephew does it, and will do it for free. Will put in all sound and music with the special fades and such, along with all the pretty snazzy graphics work. Pretty nifty huh? :smile: