Solomon total auto repair

Fenrir51

Do not EVER take your vehicle there for ANYTHING! (This is the star right off 2 and 4, not the one on route 2)

My friend has a new 06 Mustang GT and he wanted to get his new performence exhaust put on, hooker long tube headers and an x-pipe. He went there because another friend(friend is now fired for unkown reasons, they dont pay their employees on time and withhold money from their paychecks, STAR still owes him money) suggested it since he worked there at the time. My friend with the car dropped the car off to get the stuff put on and when he gets off work and see's his car he finds that A. the exhaust has a leak in it because it was installed wrong, B. the dip stick for the transmission was taken/torn off.

The mechanic that worked on it Tommy told my friend that he would have to buy a new gasket for them to fix it. He also told him he would get a new dip stick for the transmission. They made no mention of him being reembursed for either problems. So me being the good guy I am I decided to give them a peice of my mind since my friend who owns the Mustang isnt too car savvy at all.

Today I went in there and talked with the short guy who I guess was the manager, he tells me I have to take the problem up with the tech who did it, which was Tommy. Anyway I went in to the garage to talk to the tech Tommy and he was really REALLY pissed off at me for speaking up for my friend. I had my back turned on him while the manager kept saying they would fix the problem and all this other bullshit about how they do quality work, anyway my friend told me Tommy was extremely upset and looked like he was going to punch something or throw a shop manual across the shop.

So the manager and the Tech Tommy give me #### for talking up for my friend being really assholish about the whole situation. They told my friend he didnt need to bring a spokes person in there to fix the problem, well when you dont make things clear the first time and your not car savvy of course your going to go along with what the tech says.

After hearing that Tommy would fix it and order a new dip stick for the tranny about 10 times and other bullshit we finally left. I suggested to my friend that he just gets the gasket and the transmission dipstick and goes to another guy. Oh also before we left Tommy said if he wanted to be a real dick he could have said the exhaust was too loud and then make my friend pay to get his stock exhaust put back on and then charge him for that too.

I love it when people change their story once you catch them in their stupid little scam act. I wish someone would report them to the BBB and that palce would be shut down.

Bottom line: Dont do business with S.T.A.R unless you like the run around and a big heahache. The managment there sucks too. Big thumbs down to star!

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
I have never heard a good thing said about that place.

I've never gone there myself, so I can't say anything, but I know a lot of people who've come away from them quite unsatisfied, and oft-times completely pissed off.

thetruediva

I couldnt stand 2 Guys! There is a lady there that really makes that place look bad. She was rude and nasty even though we were giving her our business. Acted like it was killing her to just give us an estimate.

L

ladylara

my husband took our escape there for a routine oil change because we needed it done fast. while he was waiting he asked if they could rotate the tires as well.

the bill... $60! my hubb couldn't believe his ears.

needless to say - we won't be going there again. we've been going to precision tune on 235 and had good experiences. just MHO.

thetruediva

Go figure! That's what we took there. Our Escape.

Precision Tune has never done us wrong either. Great minds think alike.

B

baswm

STAR? Is that the one off of H.G. Trueman? The old Auto Body Rebuilders place?

As far as two guys go, They did body work on my Impala twice and both times it was a fair price and a great job. I took it to the one in Charlotte Hall area.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
baswm said:
STAR? Is that the one off of H.G. Trueman? The old Auto Body Rebuilders place?

It's on (497) Cove Point Rd, in between Rt4 & HG Trueman.

B

baswm

ah, I know which one your talking about. I took my Impala once to ABR to get the back quarter panel replaced and they did poor job that it kept cracking the paint at a weld spot. They never did fix it correctly. Anhd down the road, I find that they welded in a bracket upside down so I cannot change the rear brake lite bulb without removing the whole assembly. :mad:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
baswm said:
ah, I know which one your talking about. I took my Impala once to ABR to get the back quarter panel replaced and they did poor job that it kept cracking the paint at a weld spot. They never did fix it correctly. Anhd down the road, I find that they welded in a bracket upside down so I cannot change the rear brake lite bulb without removing the whole assembly. :mad:

I will stay away from Coach Craft also...they dont mind lieing right to your face, then when you call them about a day later, they will tell ya the truth over the phone bout whats really happening...or happened for my case... F'n *******s....

Fenrir51

They fixed their two screw ups on the car but there is still a small exhaust leak, not big enough to make a difference in anything but the fact is it shouldnt leak.

Fenrir51

I got a call this morning from a friend saying the people at S.T.A.R saw this thread and that they are going to sue me for slander. Haha, yeah right.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Fenrir51 said:
I got a call this morning from a friend saying the people at S.T.A.R saw this thread and that they are going to sue me for slander. Haha, yeah right.

That's funny. How would slander (oral communication) relate to this thread?

Fenrir51

I have no clue! Im not worried about any of this at all, its funny how they conduct themselves though. Not so professional.

F

fdbu7969

I am the tech who worked on the 06 mustang! Let me tell you what slander is. It's when you print somebodies name and false info about them. I told you when I talked to you that you only knew half of what was going on. First of all your friend hadn't worked for STAR for a couple of weeks. He was fired because he couldn't show up or do his job correctly. The guy with the mustang got a set of full race long tube headers and x-pipe with no converters. He also wanted to take the mufflers off and run straight pipe. I did what he asked me to do. After I installed the headers and x-pipe I took the mufflers off and started the car. As you can imagine with no cats or mufflers the car was extremely loud (like a car that is stictly for the track). So instead of doing what he wanted with out hearing it first I put the mufflers back on. When your friend got the car back I told him about all of this including the exhuast leak. When you guys brought the car back is when I noticed the OIL DIPSTICK and told him about it. I told him to get another gasket becuase he got the first ones and it would be easier for him to get and I would get the dipstick and it wouldn't cost him anything that I would fix my mistake. Which everything is fixed and the actual owner of the car told me that everything is fine and apoligized for everything that you have done.

As far as me being pissed. Yes I am because it gets me worked up when someone comes at me telling me that I don't know how to do my job and they don't know the first thing about cars. If you are so car savvy and a nice guy why didn't you do the exhuast for your friend and saved him alittle money? You must have the time, you did tell me you have no job and I have never seen you in your own car. Do you even have your own car? Also I said if I wanted to be a real dick I would have did what he wanted me to do with the mufflers and ran straight pipe. which the car would have been to loud and he would had gotten pulled over as soon as he passed any cop. Then charged him to put his mufflers back on not the complete exaust. But I'm not a dick like that so I didn't do it.

There is another thing you have to understand. When you do any custom or performance mods. to a car it's never 110% perfect. You have to sacrafice some comfort for some performance or style. That is one reason I don't like full length headers because they all sound like they leak. I haven't seen one yet that didn't.

And I didn't change my story. You just don't understand what is going on or what you are talking about!!! As far as the guy with the $60 oil change and tire rotation call me and we will get that striaght. And any one else who has had a problem fell free to call me also.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
fdbu7969 said:
I am the tech who worked on the 06 mustang! Let me tell you what slander is. It's when you print somebodies name and false info about them. I told you when I talked to you that you only knew half of what was going on. First of all your friend hadn't worked for STAR for a couple of weeks. He was fired because he couldn't show up or do his job correctly. The guy with the mustang got a set of full race long tube headers and x-pipe with no converters. He also wanted to take the mufflers off and run straight pipe. I did what he asked me to do. After I installed the headers and x-pipe I took the mufflers off and started the car. As you can imagine with no cats or mufflers the car was extremely loud (like a car that is stictly for the track). So instead of doing what he wanted with out hearing it first I put the mufflers back on. When your friend got the car back I told him about all of this including the exhuast leak. When you guys brought the car back is when I noticed the OIL DIPSTICK and told him about it. I told him to get another gasket becuase he got the first ones and it would be easier for him to get and I would get the dipstick and it wouldn't cost him anything that I would fix my mistake. Which everything is fixed and the actual owner of the car told me that everything is fine and apoligized for everything that you have done.

As far as me being pissed. Yes I am because it gets me worked up when someone comes at me telling me that I don't know how to do my job and they don't know the first thing about cars. If you are so car savvy and a nice guy why didn't you do the exhuast for your friend and saved him alittle money? You must have the time, you did tell me you have no job and I have never seen you in your own car. Do you even have your own car? Also I said if I wanted to be a real dick I would have did what he wanted me to do with the mufflers and ran straight pipe. which the car would have been to loud and he would had gotten pulled over as soon as he passed any cop. Then charged him to put his mufflers back on not the complete exaust. But I'm not a dick like that so I didn't do it.

There is another thing you have to understand. When you do any custom or performance mods. to a car it's never 110% perfect. You have to sacrafice some comfort for some performance or style. That is one reason I don't like full length headers because they all sound like they leak. I haven't seen one yet that didn't.

And I didn't change my story. You just don't understand what is going on or what you are talking about!!! As far as the guy with the $60 oil change and tire rotation call me and we will get that striaght. And any one else who has had a problem fell free to call me also.

Being the smart mechanic that you are, you knew the problems that would arise before you started the work and you didn't point it out to him.

$$$ Cha-ching.

F

fdbu7969

elaine said:
Hmmm...no comment. He must be busy rakin' someone else over the coals. :ohwell:

No I have talked to the owner of the mustang and he is happy with the work. The stuff that was installed wasn't street legall and he was told that when he purchased the exhaust from who ever.