Camping Tents

alex

I need to purchase a new camping tent by next month. I have been hunting all the online stores and ebay and found lots I like and can afford but I want to see the tent, get in it, see how the fly works, etc.

Is there a place nearby that has all their tents setup for display or is Campmor the closest such place?

Any suggestions?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I wonder if the bike show will have tents on display.. sounds funky, but we do a LOT of bike(motorcycle) camping. They have to pack up REAL small, but still be a full size tent.

HunterJJD

BassPro has FULL size tents set up

Dicks in Waldorf may have some set up also, not sure but I have to go in tomorrow to Dicks so i will take a look

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I get most of my camping stuff from Campmor. Search on the home web sites for the brand you like and it might satisfy your info need.

alex

aps45819 said:
I get most of my camping stuff from Campmor. Search on the home web sites for the brand you like and it might satisfy your info need.
Normally this is where I would go too, but their selection right now is pretty slim. They said they would not have new tents in until sometime next month.

Right now I am torn between a Big Agnes Parkview, a Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead and the Marmot Swallow. All have rain flys that go to all the way to the ground, are so/so on weight and space looks fine but I would love to see them upclose and personal.