It happened again...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Last night while sitting at a stop sign, my Mustang was slammed into from behind by a truck (the guy was on a CELL PHONE). :cussing:

His insurance company (Nationwide) called me this morning and they are taking care of the whole deal, including a rental when I get the repairs done. He verified the whole story and did NOT LIE. :clap:

He has restored my faith in humanity that some people will stand up and admit when they are in the wrong. Thanks Dude! :cool:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Well, thank you for that. I know have tea on my keyboard. Sorry, Sharon. You know, we were rear-ended in the Escape twice in a 2-week period. Lucky no damage to us.

Oh yeah, did you get out and lay in the road and complain about your neck and head? Maybe you could move up from a Mustang.:biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Barb, no damage. We sit higher and the cars went under us, actually and luckily both were slowing down (just didn't do it fast enough :biggrin: ). NHTSA rates the Escape pretty well in its crash tests and rollover rating, better than some of the competitors. One problem though, it is expensive to repair the damage...that came from the insurance statistics.

J

justhangn

Sorry to hear it Sharon.

The wench that the wife hit JUST claimed the accident last Thursday. :rolleyes:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Well sheeetola Sharon!!! That sucks!!! But, at least things are going down in a decent manner, the dude told the truth, and you're getting what you rightfully should. Still sucks to be involved in an accident even when things work out okay, just due to the inconvenience.

SeaRide

what color?

Sharon, may I ask what color is your mustang? Just wondering myself if it has to do with dark color and people not really paying attention.

G

giggles04

I just hope your back is alright! That happened to me last week and I haven't been right since!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: what color?

Originally posted by SeaRide
Sharon, may I ask what color is your mustang?
Laser Red Metallic
MST03gtp_shift_rfire.jpg

K

Kimmy

I am sorry to hear about your car. But at least you are alright. The car can be replaced but you can't.
Saturday I was sitting at a light in town witnessed an accident that happened right in front of me. (OPPS did I say witnessed I mean passed by) I was drinking some coffee and it went all over me. Scared me so bad that you would have thought that it was me in the accident. Never have I seen an accident right in front of me. It was a yellow mustang. They hit almost head on. Luckly there were no injuries. The yellow mustang didn't yeild the right-a-way and a blue older model Land Rover hit it. The mustang was totaled and the land Rover was barely even damaged. I no of both people that were in the accident. Thank god nothing happened. The girl got out of the car because of the air bag smoke. Man don't those thing put out some smoke. She was so upset.

K

Kimmy

Re: what color?

Originally posted by SeaRide
Sharon, may I ask what color is your mustang? Just wondering myself if it has to do with dark color and people not really paying attention.

The dude was on a cell phone. So I don't think that the color would have made a difference.

watercolor

yeah yeah
DAMN! Im sorry to hear that sharon. What is wrong with people today. *sheesh* But, atleast he did not lie. That is a good thing. Glad that you are ok Honey. :kiss:

K

Kain99

Don't you just feel like your walking around with a kick me sign on your back sometimes? Thank God, this time your dealing with a decent human being. :smile:

SxyPrincess

I'm on my cell phone all the time...even when I'm driving the hour plus home. I've never caused an accident, but I've been hit 3 times by ignorrant drivers.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
Thank God, this time your dealing with a decent human being. :smile:
For that I'm thankful. When we were exchanging insurance info. last night I explained to him that my insurance co. would probably not pay for the damage to his bumper since he hit me and was also using his cell phone at the time it happened. He seemed somewhat disappointed in that bit of info. It wasn't a brand new truck, but he had temp tags from out of state, and only had the truck for a little over two weeks. His insurance company called him after speaking with us, and I'm glad he didn't make up some BS excuse like some other lame lying bimbo.

yakky doodle

Dayum Sharon! What are the odds! Twice in the new year already! :frown: Hopefully this one will be smoother than the last! :ohwell: Glad you are okay though!

Now I'm scratching my head about the outcome of that poll on the main page about banning cell phone use during driving.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
That sucks Sharon.Last may I totaled my new 2002 pick up.The truck didn't want to stay on the road in a rain storm.I was coming off a exit ramp and the truck took off side ways across the interstate.I want across three lane didn't rit anyone or get hit by anyone. I slammed head on into the conceate wall.I walked from the truck with out being hurt.The only bad thing that came out of it I was charged.My insurance was cool about it they didn't raise my rates that bad.