State of the Union

Frank

Chairman of the Board
How many State of the Union addresses did Clinton make until a Republican congress gave him a surplus? How did Clinton safeguard social security? And what treaty or landmark legislation did he pass to improve the environment?

MGKrebs

endangered species
Ok. If it's Congress's responsibility, then Dub shouldn't be promising something he has no control over.

K

Kain99

Shouldn't we wait until after the address to start belly acheing? :crazy:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Kain99
Shouldn't we wait until after the address to start belly acheing? :crazy:

Of course not - that would make *sense*!

Since he is going to belly ache about the same stuff ANYWAY, what Bush says is going to be irrelevant.

demsformd

I am gonna wait to pass judgement but I am thinking that unless President Bush reverses his position on most issues, me and Krebs will disagree with him.

K

Kain99

Re: Get ready...

Originally posted by Sharon
Be sure to play along when you are listening to the speech. :wink:

OMG I am dying over here! That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I'm lining up the Budweiser and ready to go!

Krebs I suggest you play along....:wink:

SmallTown

Football season!
"And so, in my State of the — my State of the Union — or state — my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation — I asked Americans to give 4,000 years — 4,000 hours over the next — the rest of your life — of service to America. That's what I asked — 4,000 hours." —George W. Bush, Bridgeport, Conn., April 9, 2002

smcdem

Originally posted by SmallTown
"And so, in my State of the — my State of the Union — or state — my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation — I asked Americans to give 4,000 years — 4,000 hours over the next — the rest of your life — of service to America. That's what I asked — 4,000 hours." —George W. Bush, Bridgeport, Conn., April 9, 2002
haha i love it

K

Kain99

Like I said Smalltown, Save the bitterness until after the speech!

SmallTown

Football season!
Why is repeating what he said being bitter?

I think the speech tonight should be short. He loves using those nifty little backdrops. I say the backdrop should be a picture of say heroshima (sp?) at time of impact. Bush walks up to the podium, looks right into the camera and says "Saddam, You are F'd"

Then leave.

K

Kain99

Good enough for me.... If he backs down now, he's the biggest wussy on the planet! No turning back....must blow something up! :wink:

MGKrebs

endangered species
Re: Get ready...

Originally posted by Sharon
Be sure to play along when you are listening to the speech. :wink:

"they show a Supreme Court justice who looks asleep _3 drinks"

That's not fair! I don't have enough booze in the house!

Hessian

Point after point...on target, optimistic,...helping those who need help, facing down terrorism, cleaner environment, self sufficient fuel goals, medical coverage...
Gee:
If our resident Dems oppose much of this..um....then their little party will continue to shrink and become even more shrill and a joke.

Oppose all you want whiners...call names, mock leadership....get used to it because we have the majority, we earned it, and we'll keep it...mostly because you are irrelevant, unfocussed, bitter, sniveling, toady, mocking, self absorbed, shallow,...gee, I could go on for a while.

Better find more dead people to vote to keep up the illusion that you can win elections....