Fsbo

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Afternoon to ya'll!

We put a contract on another house this weekend! :banana: Our plan is to obviously flip it and invest the profit into the new one. Anyhow, we've never sold a house before. We're going to try out FSBO for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. Do any of you fine folks have any suggestions/recommendations doing a FSBO? Any help would be much appreciated.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My neighbors tried FSBO a few months ago, but didn't have any luck with it. It could be due to location, though. We're in a neighborhood far back from any main road, and it backs to the woods.

If you get the word out, advertise, market, etc., I think it works great! It will definitely save you thousands of dollars. Good luck with it! :yay:

ajhkmr97

TexasPride1977
The only problem with selling a home right now is that homes are going for more that most can afford. Only a small percent of buyers are in the area so you are up against a lot of competition with the local realtors.

Southern MD may be a bad area to attempt to make profit from house flipping.

Just a thought. If someone has any insight to help further my knowledge in all this – that’d be great too.

S

Scaratica

FSBO and flippin will leave you hating the real estate market

truby20

Fighting like a girl
ememdee19 said:
Afternoon to ya'll!

We put a contract on another house this weekend! :banana: Our plan is to obviously flip it and invest the profit into the new one. Anyhow, we've never sold a house before. We're going to try out FSBO for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. Do any of you fine folks have any suggestions/recommendations doing a FSBO? Any help would be much appreciated.
I have no advice related to FSBO but keep us updated on your experiences "flipping" the house....I think you've already missed the best times.

fun links...

Housing Bubble [great site with updated news links every day (near the bottom of the page)]

Bubble Meter [another good blog]

Inside the DC bubble [blog focusing on the housing bubble in the DC region]

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
ajhkmr97 said:
The only problem with selling a home right now is that homes are going for more that most can afford. Only a small percent of buyers are in the area so you are up against a lot of competition with the local realtors.

Southern MD may be a bad area to attempt to make profit from house flipping.

Just a thought. If someone has any insight to help further my knowledge in all this – that’d be great too.

We're located in SC and the market is boomin' down here. My sister/brother in-law just came down this weekend and put a contract on one, as well. My sister in-law is a broker and she can't believe how well the market is doing down here. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'm pretty sure we'll get quite a bit of exposure since they're still building in our neighborhood. There was one re-sale that I know of in here that sold for $4k more than what a new one costs. The other advantage we have is that they're not bldg. our model anymore.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
We purchased our house FSBO and it went smoothly. Both parties were serious, though - like no BSing, we were ready to go, etc... If you get a flakey buyer, you could definitely have issues. But in our case, we wanted our house BAD and did everything that was required of us right on time or early. The sellers were the same at fulfilling their obligations. If we ever move, I'll definitely try FSBO first.

bcp

In My Opinion
Im putting a bid on one right now too.
Not sure that I will get it because Im going about 75k under the asking price.

its been on the market now for about 4 months, it started at 1.1 and they dropped it to 950. we offered 875.

so, we will see what happens.

beachbunny

SoMd Realtor
FSBO your home

ememdee19 said:
Afternoon to ya'll!

Any luck on the FSBO? This website is a great place to advertise homes for sale. I can give you some more tips if you haven't sold it yet. Just send me an e-mail and let me know if you need some help still. :flowers:

CMC122

Go Braves!
bcp said:
Im putting a bid on one right now too.
Not sure that I will get it because Im going about 75k under the asking price.

its been on the market now for about 4 months, it started at 1.1 and they dropped it to 950. we offered 875.

so, we will see what happens.
The market is changing! Houses are sitting and prices are coming down. You just might get it:yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
CMC122 said:
The market is changing! Houses are sitting and prices are coming down. You just might get it:yay:
we got beat out on that one.
so,, back to the drawing board.

I might wait until fall to put another bid in. We are now trying to decide if we want to go a few more dollars and get something that has a pier for the boat.

beachbunny

SoMd Realtor
You are right in that there wasn't lots of action through the holidays but things are really picking up now. There are lots of homes on the market now so there's more competition between the sellers of homes for the buyers.

Still not a bad sellers market while the prices are up but also good deals to be found for buyers if you look hard. I'm going to a settlement today for an investor on a deal I found for her.

I'm finding lots of sellers offering good amounts of closing help too to entice buyers to make offers.

beachbunny

SoMd Realtor
bcp said:
we got beat out on that one.
so,, back to the drawing board.

I might wait until fall to put another bid in. We are now trying to decide if we want to go a few more dollars and get something that has a pier for the boat.

If you are looking for something in the county waterfront I've got a great property in mind with a boat slip. Let me know your price range and I can send you any others that are available. This one has been on the market awhile and may be willing to negoitate more! You could be waterfront before summer! :thewave: