Box gate

MGKrebs

endangered species
The more I think about it, that covering of the "made in China" labels with "Made in USA" labels last week in St. Louis bothers me more and more.

I seriously doubt if it really was "an overzealous volunteer" as they are claiming. Somebody with some authority had to be there setting the thing up, getting the camera angles, lighting, etc.

So they're setting up the boxes all around, and somebody decides they didn't want to show the Chinese boxes. OK. So rather than get new boxes, or just not have any boxes, it is decided to cover these ones up. I find that seriously scummy. They were at this particular warehouse to make a point, and it's fair to assume that the backdrop is supposed to reinforce that point. But if the point is false, why not go to another location or change the scenery? What was the point anyway?

A really bad decision.

K

Kain99

I think your right! There is a conspiracy here! If I were you, I'd call CNN....:wink:

B

Bruzilla

C'mon MGK. If this is bothering you more and more you must not have too much to worry about in life.:biggrin:

Our President must be doing a mighty fine job if this crap is all the Dems can find to harp about.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bruzilla
C'mon MGK. If this is bothering you more and more you must not have too much to worry about in life.:biggrin:

Our President must be doing a mighty fine job if this crap is all the Dems can find to harp about.
They're acting in desparation now. :rolleyes: Get used to it.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kyle
They're acting in desparation now. :rolleyes: Get used to it.

Yep, they only have two more years to either sabotage the war effort or the economy. :really:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by MGKrebs
So they're setting up the boxes all around, and somebody decides they didn't want to show the Chinese boxes. OK. So rather than get new boxes, or just not have any boxes, it is decided to cover these ones up. I find that seriously scummy. They were at this particular warehouse to make a point, and it's fair to assume that the backdrop is supposed to reinforce that point. But if the point is false, why not go to another location or change the scenery? What was the point anyway?

A really bad decision.

Not sure how bad it is, but I thought it was funny as hell. Should somehow be part of the Bushisms books. Ok kids, how do you spell America? C H I N A

MGKrebs

endangered species
I didn't say it was Bush, and I'm not even saying it was Rove. But what kind of environment would let someone do that without realizing it was wrong? The person should be punished, probably fired. It was clearly deceptive and tantamount to a premeditated lie.

B

Bruzilla

I didn't say it was Bush, and I'm not even saying it was Rove. But what kind of environment would let someone do that without realizing it was wrong? The person should be punished, probably fired. It was clearly deceptive and tantamount to a premeditated lie.

I really, really, really, really, really hate to bring Bill Clinton into this, but I just can't get past the hypocrisy of a Liberal writing those last two sentences with a straight face.:biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
I really, really, really, really, really hate to bring Bill Clinton into this, but I just can't get past the hypocrisy of a Liberal writing those last two sentences with a straight face.:biggrin:

It is politics. It is ALL hypocrisy.

MGKrebs

endangered species

If so, then it is equally hypocritical to castigate BC and NOT castigate this act.

B

Bruzilla

Castigating is fine, but should some Republican flunky get fired for sticking tape over a box label when you feel that someone commiting perjury shouldn't?

Frank

Chairman of the Board
If so, then it is equally hypocritical to castigate BC and NOT castigate this act.

Only IF it is an equally reprehensible act. I've since read the news reports on this incident, and I'm not convinced it rises to the level of political scandal.

In any event, I had a friend who interned during Reagan's administration, and he said that often, signs held by well-wishers at places like airports were handed out to government employees who were there for Reagan's arrival - they didn't make the signs themselves, nor did they necessarily know they'd be holding one. Just that they were given one to hold for a photo op. I just see it as the way politicians do business.

And I give all photo ops and news pieces the same level of credibility. If something is shown overseas or domestically as being a huge throng of protesters, I read between the lines. If a nation can only produce a protest of a few tens of thousands, I'm not impressed. I know the news is trying to shape my opinion.

SmallTown

Football season!
Castigating is fine, but should some Republican flunky get fired for sticking tape over a box label when you feel that someone commiting perjury shouldn't?

So that is whats bothering you. Clinton. Ok, if the dems say Clinton was wrong and say impeachment was the right thing, will you then agree that the box thing was pretty stupid on their part?

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by SmallTown
So that is whats bothering you. Clinton. Ok, if the dems say Clinton was wrong and say impeachment was the right thing, will you then agree that the box thing was pretty stupid on their part?

Sure - and monkeys might fly out my butt! I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Seriously - one situation is a *crime* - and people who arent President go to jail for it. The other is dishonest, but not a crime.

MGKrebs

endangered species
I'm not saying the person should be imprisoned for cryin out loud. But to cover it up and look the other way is wrong also. They should probably be fired.

B

Bruzilla

Originally posted by SmallTown

Ummm... NO. It's easy for the Dems to say that Clinton was wrong and should have been impeached now. The point was that they should have said it then. I have no problem saying that the box thing was pretty damn stupid, but I also think it's pretty stupid for someone to be losing sleep over it.

B

Bruzilla

I'm not saying the person should be imprisoned for cryin out loud. But to cover it up and look the other way is wrong also. They should probably be fired.

Once again... you think that someone should be fired for this but not for committing perjury? Hypocrite, hypocrite, hypocrite...:biggrin:

MGKrebs

endangered species
You all know my position on BC's deal. He was dealt with in the manner that was set up for that purpose, and it ended up the way it did. He was punished to an extent that was deemed appropriate for the action.

If you insist that we, for some reason, make this an exact parallel case (which is BS), then, in lieu of firing, I will agree that this person should be publically identified, publically reprimanded, and have the proceedings entered into the congressional record.

Oh yeah, and a legal investigation should be brought, regardless of the validity, in order to bankrupt them. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love the title of this thread - "Box Gate" - like this is some major scandal and heads are gonna roll! :lol: It's not inconceivable that the set decorators would create the appropriate backdrop for Bush's speech - happens all the time.

The more I think about it, that covering of the "made in China" labels with "Made in USA" labels last week in St. Louis bothers me more and more.
Of course it does - because you have no other red-meat-smoking-gun to focus your attention on. Let me give you one so you'll quit picking at threads and making yourself look foolish:

Bush's policies.

He wants to dole out OUR money to give medicine to AIDS-ridden Africans - AFTER we've already spent money for AIDS awareness and education for them, AFTER we've drop-shipped them condoms, AFTER we've spent money on other things to try and get them to quit spreading AIDS. They've ignored every other help we've tried to give them - what makes Bush think these idiots will take their medicine like they're supposed to?