Dream Curls

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
by John Frieda. This stuff rocks! I had to reschedule my hair apt for last weekend and was out of my Redken In the Loop curl booster. So I was at Walmart and picked up a bottle of John Frieda Dream Curls to tide me over until I go to the salon this weekend. This stuff is just as good if not better then the Redken. I have naturally pretty curly hair which I straighten a good bit of the time. If I don't straighten I usually brush it straight and pull it up. I occasionally "go with the curl." The problem I have with not fighting the curl is it looks great when it's wet and first dries but I haven't found a product that will keep the curl looking good throughout the day without being heavy and making my hair "crunchy" like a gel or hairspray. I run a little Redken Glass through my hair and then generously spray on the Dream Curls and viola! Even after it dries it's soft and my curls are held.

I used it yesterday for the first time and while it did lose some bounce by the end of the day it still looked great for the most part. The part that lost it's umph was closer to the scalp which is explainable since I have long bangs that I'm always pushing back off of my face.

Anyway, I give the Dream Curls :yay: :yay: !

Pete

Repete
pixiegirl said:
by John Frieda. This stuff rocks! I had to reschedule my hair apt for last weekend and was out of my Redken In the Loop curl booster. So I was at Walmart and picked up a bottle of John Frieda Dream Curls to tide me over until I go to the salon this weekend. This stuff is just as good if not better then the Redken. I have naturally pretty curly hair which I straighten a good bit of the time. If I don't straighten I usually brush it straight and pull it up. I occasionally "go with the curl." The problem I have with not fighting the curl is it looks great when it's wet and first dries but I haven't found a product that will keep the curl looking good throughout the day without being heavy and making my hair "crunchy" like a gel or hairspray. I run a little Redken Glass through my hair and then generously spray on the Dream Curls and viola! Even after it dries it's soft and my curls are held.

I used it yesterday for the first time and while it did lose some bounce by the end of the day it still looked great for the most part. The part that lost it's umph was closer to the scalp which is explainable since I have long bangs that I'm always pushing back off of my face.

Your hair is dead straight :confused: What hair was curly and bou....oh.....nevermind :ohwell:

I loooove Jabba's natural curls... I don't recall ever seeing you with curly locks. I Love John Frieda's products. My 10 year old daughter insists on only ever using his "for blondes" line of products and nothing else. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Pete said:
Your hair is dead straight :confused: What hair was curly and bou....oh.....nevermind :ohwell:

My hair is dead straight cause I dry it that way. When I don't dry it that way I put a heavy product in it and brush it out straight then pull it up in a pony tail.

There's not enough hair elsewhere to tell if it's curly or straight.... :buttkick: :whistle:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
pixiegirl said:
My hair is dead straight cause I dry it that way. When I don't dry it that way I put a heavy product in it and brush it out straight then pull it up in a pony tail.

There's not enough hair elsewhere to tell if it's curly or straight.... :buttkick: :whistle:

:faint: :flowers:

:lmao:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
pixiegirl said:

I like Dream Curls ok too...but I use Curls Up by TX Special Effects. It's a curl reactivator & defrizzant that also repairs your split ends. It has chamomile, keratin and silk proteins, smells good and makes my curls pretty and soft with no "crunchy" at all. Keeps 'em nice, seperated and bouncy all day.

It's about 5 bucks at Target and works better than ANYTHING else I've tried and I've tried just about everything.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
I have VERY curly hair, which I fought for years with a hairdryer and finally gave up.

Textureline Textureshine is my friend. I put a dab in my palm, scrunch it through my partially-wet hair, and it holds the curl without the "crunchy" look all day.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
I'm gonna run out and get me an 80s perm... I want curls...:bawl:
You can have mine. Just ask Day how I look if I don't dry my hair straight. No lie, but I was cursed with the most evil, horrible hair ever! :ohwell:

nomoney

Chasey_Lane said:
You can have mine. Just ask Day how I look if I don't dry my hair straight. No lie, but I was cursed with the most evil, horrible hair ever! :ohwell:

nu uh...I was cursed with an afro puff, shirley temple on heroin, snufflelupakiss thing....:bawl:

nomoney

Chasey_Lane said:
You have straight hair; I have frizz central.
not if I don't blow dry it and straighten it. little orphan annie and me could be sisters if I let it dry naturally. Except her hair looks better.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
nomoney said:
not if I don't blow dry it and straighten it. little orphan annie and me could be sisters if I let it dry naturally. Except her hair looks better.

I have nice curls but my wicked hair is baby fine. Any product weighs it down. If I straighten it it has to be super sleek straight because the products used to protect it from heat styling take any volume at all out of it. If I wear it curly I have to use products to keep the curl as opposed to letting it be wavy/nappy which also weigh it down a little and pull some of the curl out. I can't win. I'm shaving my head!

nomoney

pixiegirl said:
I have nice curls but my wicked hair is baby fine. Any product weighs it down. If I straighten it it has to be super sleek straight because the products used to protect it from heat styling take any volume at all out of it. If I wear it curly I have to use products to keep the curl as opposed to letting it be wavy/nappy which also weigh it down a little and pull some of the curl out. I can't win. I'm shaving my head!
take pictures so I can add it to my forum whako's folder :yay: TIA