I did my income tax today

MMDad

Lem Putt
Pete said:
It hurt, not as much as I figured it would. :ohwell:

Once you are stretched out, it stops hurting as bad. Just think, all our tax money goes to pay for people like JPC. Does that make you feel better?

I'm waiting for one more 1099, then my turn to take it like limpnoodle does.

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf
MMDad said:
Once you are stretched out, it stops hurting as bad. Just think, all our tax money goes to pay for people like JPC. Does that make you feel better?

I'm waiting for one more 1099, then my turn to take it like limpnoodle does.

dayum....I haven't had it in so long that it might actually feel good this time :banana:

wonder if they're gonna kiss me :confused:

Pete

Repete
So I check my tax return status with the IRS to be sure the e-file was accepted. Type in the user name, password..........loading..........loading

REJECTED

ERROR 56456 Block 6C column 2, Dependant SSN can be used only once on a tax return, or on one tax return.

Check my return, Boy's SSN is only used 1 time, right there on block 6C. :confused:

It seems that SOMEBODY else has already filed and used his SSN as a deduction. :confused: Who could it be? :confused:

Certainly not the Ex. The divorce does not grant her the right to claim him. Se is behind about $10K in child support because she doesn't pay. Cetainly she would not just claim him without saying anything, especially since she has never been allowed to in 8 years and since I never signed a IRS form 8310 allowing the non-custodial parent to claim him on taxes, especially since when she tried it in 2000 and she had to file a 1040X.

What could it be? :confused:

So I call and ask,

"Have you done your taxes yet?"

Um, no but I owe $281
"If you haven't done your taxes how do you know how much you owe?":eyebrow:

Oh, well I just did a rough

"So you have not claimed Boy as a dependent on your taxes?"

No, I don't think so

:burning:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Perhaps it was her latest boyfriend's idea. :shrug:
Just tell her you already know she did it, you have IRS proof, and she has 24 hours to file her adjusted tax form.
If that doesn't work I will gladly go beat some sense in her for you.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pete said:
So I check my tax return status with the IRS to be sure the e-file was accepted. Type in the user name, password..........loading..........loading

[/COLOR]
My ex asked if he could claim our daughter one year. I said "Sure, but when they come to audit your azz, don't blame me." :lol:

Pete

Repete
Chasey_Lane said:
My ex asked if he could claim our daughter one year. I said "Sure, but when they come to audit your azz, don't blame me." :lol:
She asked before and I said "No". Since she was an EIC leech for years I showed her that if she claimed him she got an extra $50 however it cost me alot more. Told her if it was that important to her I would pay her the $50 difference claiming him would make, right after she made a child support payment of course which is $56.97. :lol:

I have no doubt in my mind she filed already and was probably holding her return in her hands while she was denying it on the phone to me. As a EIC leech she would run to H&R Block at 8AM on January 2nd to file and get the couple thousand $$ in free money from Uncle Sugar.

This year she has actually worked some and with all her other kids gone she owes. I can see her now heading balls to wall to H&R Block to get the big payday and they say "You owe" She probably panicked and added him to her return to lessen how much she owes.

Pete

Repete
bresamil said:
Perhaps it was her latest boyfriend's idea. :shrug:
Just tell her you already know she did it, you have IRS proof, and she has 24 hours to file her adjusted tax form.
If that doesn't work I will gladly go beat some sense in her for you.
:lmao: that is not very "Diplomatic"

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pete said:
This year she has actually worked some and with all her other kids gone she owes. I can see her now heading balls to wall to H&R Block to get the big payday and they say "You owe" She probably panicked and added him to her return to lessen how much she owes.
Will it still let you submit your tax return electronically, or nothing at all since boy's SSN is already in the System? At least you have the option of sending it via USPS. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Chasey_Lane said:
Will it still let you submit your tax return electronically, or nothing at all since boy's SSN is already in the System? At least you have the option of sending it via USPS. :ohwell:
No, I cannot e-file. I will have to mail it in. It is not really a big deal on my end. I just mail it in with the check for $1000 that I owe. When they see she claimed him as well they will send me a letter and I will send them back the divorce judgement. They will then ask her for a IRS form 8310 where I as custodial parent signed away rights to claim him as a dependend for TY 2005. when she cannot produce that she will have to do a 1040X and possibly pay a penalty.

What pizzes me off is 1. She tried this once before. 2. She lied to me on the phone when I found out can asked her.

It really doesn't bother me to wait until April 15th to send the IRS a check. :shrug: I was only doing it now to get it out of the way.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Pete said:

REJECTED

ERROR 56456 Block 6C column 2, Dependant SSN can be used only once on a tax return, or on one tax return.

Check my return, Boy's SSN is only used 1 time, right there on block 6C. :confused:

It seems that SOMEBODY else has already filed and used his SSN as a deduction. :confused: Who could it be? :confused:

Certainly not the Ex. The divorce does not grant her the right to claim him. Se is behind about $10K in child support because she doesn't pay. Cetainly she would not just claim him without saying anything, especially since she has never been allowed to in 8 years and since I never signed a IRS form 8310 allowing the non-custodial parent to claim him on taxes, especially since when she tried it in 2000 and she had to file a 1040X.

What could it be? :confused:

So I call and ask,

"Have you done your taxes yet?"

Um, no but I owe $281
"If you haven't done your taxes how do you know how much you owe?":eyebrow:

Oh, well I just did a rough

"So you have not claimed Boy as a dependent on your taxes?"

No, I don't think so

:burning:

This happened to me last year....my ex who had not even seen the kids in 6 months claimed 3 of the 4 that are still here....I found this out by e-filing my taxes and like you got rejected....I called the IRS and they told me that he had already claimed them and that I would have to send it in via USPS....I also included a copy of my restraining order that said I had full custody and the house(which he also claimed)....

Needless to say they caught up with him and made him pay them in excess of $4000+ in taxes, penalties and interest :lmao: