Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartments in Waldorf

I'm planning to relocate from Lex. Park to the Waldorf area.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for a 1 BR apt.  I'm a single female, so a quiet safe neighborhood would be a requirement.

Thanks in advance for feedback.
    ~~Mango~~
    ...you have to get past the thorns to get to the rose...

bump...
    ~~Mango~~

My recommendation would be not to move to Waldorf.  (Sorry, too crowded for me.)
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you. - Winnie the Pooh

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men. - Emile Zola

I sooooo want to ride it, just never been on one that big before!
    AP,

I've lived in Waldorf almost all my life...aside from a few short years.  I really don't have any reccomendations for you besides, maybe New Forest Apartments.  They are located near Hampshire/Dorchester area.  They are a little pricey.  I believe a one-bedroom is around $850/month.  You might want to look into renting a basement apartment from someone.  I'll keep my eyes open.

Welcome to my neighborhood!

Thanks Prince!

I appreciate it.  I'll look into those apartments.

I'll give the basement option some thought...but I'm particular about my privacy... and I don't like dealing w/ drama involving living conditions... so an apartment would be more suitable for me...

Looks like I'll be in your neck of the woods huh!
    ~~Mango~~

I'm with sxyprincess go with the New Forrest Apt.  I live in hampshire right behind there and have never had a problem.  Those are the safest apts.  The thing that sucks is that there is a waiting list on them(most of the time).  But good luck!!!
    If ya don't like it, too bad!

AP,

I know how you feel about privacy!  You may be able to find a duplex or townhouse in the Lancaster/Hampshire area for about the same rental price as an apartment.  I'm gonna have to agree with BchBns about Acton Lane...STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!  

How is your search going?  If your unfamilar with the area, I'd be more than happy to show you around.  Good luck to ya!  :)

AP,

How's your apartment search going?  I moved this week...still in the Waldorf area.  

A while back,

the apartment behind Rips and a gas station

and

the apartments next to Howards

where safe and quiet.  I am told they kept out 'bad' people.
    'The Constitution is an impediment to these liberals like Dick Gephardt. And you know why? The Constitution limits the power of the Government."

BchBns,
    Thank you so so much for the warning. #I will definitely stay out of there....I wouldn't want to live somewhere like that. #I think I looked at some of the rentals across from the Walmart area...and even during daytime...it was a little too noisy for me... and I wasn't impressed.

Prince,
    Not so good...
    I've looked at a couple of places in Waldorf...and I didn't find anything I would even consider. #Actually, I'm rethinking moving to Waldorf and staying here...I am very pleased with the community in which I currently live... I just like to be closer to the beltway, D.C, etc...
    From what it seems, New Forest only has 2 Bedrooms...and I'm not looking to pay for a 2 BR...

James D,
    Do you have any names for the apartment complexes? #I'm not familiar enough w/ the area...

Thanks for all the info all. #Keep em coming... it's helping.

(Edited by AnonymousPenguin at 2:34 pm on May 3, 2002)
    ~~Mango~~

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.