Apartments in Waldorf

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
I'm planning to relocate from Lex. Park to the Waldorf area.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for a 1 BR apt.  I'm a single female, so a quiet safe neighborhood would be a requirement.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

SxyPrincess

AP,

I've lived in Waldorf almost all my life...aside from a few short years.  I really don't have any reccomendations for you besides, maybe New Forest Apartments.  They are located near Hampshire/Dorchester area.  They are a little pricey.  I believe a one-bedroom is around $850/month.  You might want to look into renting a basement apartment from someone.  I'll keep my eyes open.

Welcome to my neighborhood!

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Thanks Prince!

I appreciate it.  I'll look into those apartments.

I'll give the basement option some thought...but I'm particular about my privacy... and I don't like dealing w/ drama involving living conditions... so an apartment would be more suitable for me...

Looks like I'll be in your neck of the woods huh!

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
I'm with sxyprincess go with the New Forrest Apt.  I live in hampshire right behind there and have never had a problem.  Those are the safest apts.  The thing that sucks is that there is a waiting list on them(most of the time).  But good luck!!!

SxyPrincess

AP,

I know how you feel about privacy!  You may be able to find a duplex or townhouse in the Lancaster/Hampshire area for about the same rental price as an apartment.  I'm gonna have to agree with BchBns about Acton Lane...STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!  

How is your search going?  If your unfamilar with the area, I'd be more than happy to show you around.  Good luck to ya!  :)

James D

A while back,

the apartment behind Rips and a gas station

and

the apartments next to Howards

where safe and quiet.  I am told they kept out 'bad' people.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
BchBns,
Thank you so so much for the warning.  I will definitely stay out of there....I wouldn't want to live somewhere like that.  I think I looked at some of the rentals across from the Walmart area...and even during daytime...it was a little too noisy for me... and I wasn't impressed.

Prince,
Not so good...
I've looked at a couple of places in Waldorf...and I didn't find anything I would even consider.  Actually, I'm rethinking moving to Waldorf and staying here...I am very pleased with the community in which I currently live... I just like to be closer to the beltway, D.C, etc...
From what it seems, New Forest only has 2 Bedrooms...and I'm not looking to pay for a 2 BR...

James D,
Do you have any names for the apartment complexes?  I'm not familiar enough w/ the area...

Thanks for all the info all.  Keep em coming... it's helping.

(Edited by AnonymousPenguin at 2:34 pm on May 3, 2002)

James D

The ones next to Howards (301/5 in Waldorf) are called something like JSK Apartments.  They are about a mile? past Rips, and on the same side.

The ones behind Rips and that gas station, I have no idea what the name is.  Rips is on 301/5 in Waldorf, right after the Mc Donalds at the intersection of 301/5 and Mattawomen - Beantown Rd.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Chapman's Landing Apts are nice to. They are one story and farly new too. Those are the ones I live behind in Hampshire and I never had any problem. Like princess said the town house's in Hampshire are not too bad, but I would stay away from the one's in Lancaster. Bad area. My friend lives there and we watch drug deals go down all the time!:boo:

SxyPrincess

Missi,

OMG...you are so right about Lancaster drug deals. I:bandit: lived there when they first built the neighborhood and back then (I wanna say 12-13 years) it was a lovely neighborhood. Nowadays it's a little scary to drive through.

I'm in the Hampshire neighborhood now! Your apartment may be in my backyard. :lol:

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Princess,

I made a mistake, when I wrote that. I live in Hampshire.

Howdy neighbor!!!;)

Last edited: