Drip pans on stove burners

watercolor

yeah yeah
What have you had success with getting them good and clean again. I have soaked them and such- but it doesnt get them shiney and clean again. I wanted to try a few ideas before going to buy new ones. Also- is there something I can do for them- that if there is spillage when cooking- that they will wipe clean after cleaning?

mondoman

Try the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.I've had great success with them cleaning my drip pans and grates.Burnt on food seems to come right off.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I don't annoy myself with them. I buy new pans. If you replace them with the black coated pans, those clean up easy and last longer.

watercolor

yeah yeah
mondoman said:
Try the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.I've had great success with them cleaning my drip pans and grates.Burnt on food seems to come right off.

:yay: will check into those also. thank you!

watercolor

yeah yeah
elaine said:
I don't annoy myself with them. I buy new pans. If you replace them with the black coated pans, those clean up easy and last longer.

I am sure it wouldnt matter if I did that in a rental, right?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
They are not that expensive, buy new ones, but if you cant afford that try putting foil on them. That new reynolds no stick foil is great. I line everything with that stuff. I was thinking of wrapping it around the house to see if it would stay clean.

watercolor

yeah yeah
elaine said:
You don't really need me to answer that, do you?

Im not trying to be a smart ass- I just didnt know if it would matter- because they arent the typical type drip pans, these kind screw in.. its a small efficency type stove.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
watercolor said:
Im not trying to be a smart ass- I just didnt know if it would matter- because they arent the typical type drip pans, these kind screw in.. its a small efficency type stove.

If you can find drip pans that fit under your burners, I find it highly unlikely that your landlord will have a problem with you replacing them.

W

Wenchy

baking soda

If that doesn't work...go with the tinfoil.

I've scrubbed the chrome off of mine in the past and did the foil until I could buy new. (Meaning dragging myself out to actually shop for one specific item, and returning with 20 others. :lol:)

elaine said:
If you can find drip pans that fit under your burners, I find it highly unlikely that your landlord will have a problem with you replacing them.

FOR THE RECORD:

This new and improved, nice, talkative, friendly and helpful version of Elaine have left me feeling very discombobulated and confused... I don't know my up from my down, my left from my right, it's all a gray area now... make it stop...:bawl:

I had a stove that I couldn't find the right size drip pans for so I took them out and put them on newspaper in the yard and sprayed em w/ Easy Off oven cleaner...works like a charm. :yay:

watercolor

yeah yeah
sweetpea said:
I had a stove that I couldn't find the right size drip pans for so I took them out and put them on newspaper in the yard and sprayed em w/ Easy Off oven cleaner...works like a charm. :yay:

Yeah- from what I have seen- I cant find any pans that would fit. But I will keep the easy off in mind too!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
discombobulate
One entry found for discombobulate.

Main Entry: dis·com·bob·u·late
Pronunciation: "dis-k&m-'bä-b(y)&-"lAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -lat·ed; -lat·ing
Etymology: probably alteration of discompose
: UPSET, CONFUSE <the offensive had discombobulated all the German defensive arrangements -- A. J. Liebling>
- dis·com·bob·u·la·tion /-"bä-b(y)&-'lA-sh&n/ noun

Never mind.

BOHDEN

I Use Oven Cleaner On Them, Spray It On Let Them Set For A While, Place In Dishwasher On Hot Wash. Very Little If Thing Left On Them