Lucky Dog

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
"Dog survives 80ft cliff plunge"
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_581791.html?menu=

A family's pet dog had a lucky escape after it plunged over the top of an 80ft cliff while chasing a rabbit.

The five-year-old golden retriever followed the rabbit over the edge of a cliff while being taken for a walk by its owner along the North Devon coast near Combe Martin.

The dog, named Arthur, fell around 35ft but fortunately landed a ledge halfway down the cliff face - saving him from the rocks below.

His owner telephoned Swansea Coastguard, which sent the Ilfracombe Inshore Lifeboat and a cliff rescue team to the scene.

As the lifeboat positioned itself in the water below the ledge, one of the cliff rescue team was winched down to the ledge to retrieve the animal.

A spokesman for the coastguard said the dog escaped without any serious injuries and appeared to be fit and well despite his fall.

"Arthur was very lucky because there was still quite a way to fall - at least another 40ft," said the spokesman. "He could easily have been killed.

"His owner said he was a lovely family dog but a bit stupid," said the spokesman, who added that the rabbit did not survive the fall.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
...when our Australian Cattle dog was around a year old, she wouldn't leave our horses alone. Had to find out the hard way, and was kicked in the head, just missing her left eye...

...a couple of months later, she followed some kids out to the main road and was hit by a car and tumbled underneath. A trip to the emergency clinic, and $600 later the only thing wrong was fluid in the lungs and a small laceration...

...a couple of months later, she chased one of our cats out my daughter's bedroom window, onto the porch roof, and jumped over 15 ft. to the ground. Had to take "superdog" to the emergency clinic AGAIN (only $400 this time), and luckily she was only bruised and winded from the fall...

...a couple of months later, she again tormented the horses and was nailed on her back hind leg resulting in a deep gash 3/4" long...

This has turned out to be the most EXPENSIVE dog I have EVER owned! Could've bought another horse! :D

Now that she over 2 yo, she has managed to stay off the path of self-destruction for over six months! Wahoo! Thank God we don't live near a cliff...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sierra39
...she has managed to stay off the path of self-destruction for over six months! Wahoo! Thank God we don't live near a cliff...

If she were a cat, she'd still have 5 lives left, better keep an eye on her.:p

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
:eek: I just can't read anymore! ;) At least the animals came out of it alive. :clap: Some of my friends pets weren't so lucky.