Puppies and electrcity dont mix

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Ok here we go again. I get home Friday about 4:30pm, no puppy peeking through the doggie door at me. So I figure shes sleeping really hard and Im going to sneak up on her. I go in and I cant find her anywhere. I go back outside, figure she on the other side of the pool getting into something. Look everywhere, no puppy. So now Im thinking some MF'er has come in the yard and stolen her. Im pissed. I go back inside and go looking some more. I go in the bedroom and find the biggest pile of poop Ive ever seen. Then I see movement under the bed. She must be hiding cause she thinks shes in trouble. So I pull her out from under the bed only to find a very sick puppy. She was glassy eyed, slobbering, drooling uncontrollably, and her jaw was clintched shut tight as a drum. Her breathing was very erratic. I immediatly flashed to the heating pad that was on the LVRM floor. Oh my God, this damn dog electrcuted herself. We rush her to St Marys. She sabilizes a little. They do an xray and she has fluid build up in her lungs. She needs to be in the hospital. Well, we all know the only hospital in a hundred miles of anything is in Waldorf. After paying 200.00 to St Marys, were off to Waldorf. BAM, give me 800.00 before we look at your dog. Well, good news, 2 days and 1200.00 later my baby Shelby is home and in a safe place from now on. No more brain dead than when she went in. I guess I have to take electricity out of her diet. Who knew? Haha. Anyway, wish I knew how to post a pic of the worlds most expensive puppy. She definatly a keeper now. :huggy:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
baileydog said:
Ok here we go again. I get home Friday about 4:30pm, no puppy peeking through the doggie door at me. So I figure shes sleeping really hard and Im going to sneak up on her. I go in and I cant find her anywhere. I go back outside, figure she on the other side of the pool getting into something. Look everywhere, no puppy. So now Im thinking some MF'er has come in the yard and stolen her. Im pissed. I go back inside and go looking some more. I go in the bedroom and find the biggest pile of poop Ive ever seen. Then I see movement under the bed. She must be hiding cause she thinks shes in trouble. So I pull her out from under the bed only to find a very sick puppy. She was glassy eyed, slobbering, drooling uncontrollably, and her jaw was clintched shut tight as a drum. Her breathing was very erratic. I immediatly flashed to the heating pad that was on the LVRM floor. Oh my God, this damn dog electrcuted herself. We rush her to St Marys. She sabilizes a little. They do an xray and she has fluid build up in her lungs. She needs to be in the hospital. Well, we all know the only hospital in a hundred miles of anything is in Waldorf. After paying 200.00 to St Marys, were off to Waldorf. BAM, give me 800.00 before we look at your dog. Well, good news, 2 days and 1200.00 later my baby Shelby is home and in a safe place from now on. No more brain dead than when she went in. I guess I have to take electricity out of her diet. Who knew? Haha. Anyway, wish I knew how to post a pic of the worlds most expensive puppy. She definatly a keeper now. :huggy:
Poor thing! :huggy:

Smith & Wesson (not sure which one did it so they both get blamed) chewed up the wires for our cell phone chargers a while back-while they were plugged in. We were amazed they didn't get a big shock out of it also. It's scary-so now if we're not home they are crated..... At least until they stop their chewing on everything!

L

ladylara

wow - sounds like a lucky story though... coulda been much worse.

don't fret about the money too much... it's the story that counts in this one! :D

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Sorry your pup went through that. Thank goodness she's okay.

This was a major concern when we got a new dog and the reason I chose to adopt an older dog instead of a pup. Most get through that chewing stage in the first year or so. Mine only chews her "babies" or her treats.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
The first night we got her we put her in the crate and she screamed her head off. Shes very stubborn. We let her out, put her in bed with us and the rest is history. For the most part we all sleep fine now. She is now confined to the kitchen where from what I see there is nothing for her to eat except her food, the cabinets and 4 cute furballs called cats.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Oh did I mention that right after I got her she caught pnuenmonia and cost me 300.00. I certainly hope shes not going to be a constant accident waiting to happen.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
baileydog said:
The first night we got her we put her in the crate and she screamed her head off. Shes very stubborn. We let her out, put her in bed with us and the rest is history. For the most part we all sleep fine now. She is now confined to the kitchen where from what I see there is nothing for her to eat except her food, the cabinets and 4 cute furballs called cats.

She will learn eventually.

Glad to hear she is okay though.

PrepH4U

baileydog said:
Oh did I mention that right after I got her she caught pnuenmonia and cost me 300.00. I certainly hope shes not going to be a constant accident waiting to happen.
hmmm sometimes pets cost you money and just like children you cannot predict when they will become sick or have accidents. I do not add up the costs of what I spend at the vet, just like I do not add up what I spent for my children.

BOHDEN

now with Valentines Day here. Please becareful with the chocolate also...
I lost a dog to getting into the Valentines chocolate after getting through the baby gate and getting on the coffee table.!

Geek

That is sad, but you handled it really well, did everything you could for her. Mistakes happen :huggy: It sounds like your baby has a loving owner :yay:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Thank you Geek, I like to think so. She a big ole pain in the rear that I love very much. She just a very active puppy that you have to watch every minute. Shes always into something. And shes sneaky

sinwagon

I used to be soooo against the crate until we got puppy #2. Granted, they are not in there for long because my son is home at 10:00 every morning and we do not put them in there to sleep either but when we are not home they are in there. When we are home, the doors of all the rooms are closed except the ones that we are in that way the dogs cant rome and get into things without us seeing it.

Poor little puppy! I'm glad she is ok!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Wednesday Feb 15, update on Shelby. Went today for checkup and Dr. told me shes amazed at the strength of this puppy. She has bounced back good as new. And she got micro-chipped today also. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and Shelby thanks you too.