G&H...Blair's...other?

Hessian

Fundamental question...
Wife lost her diamond from the wedding ring a few months back...
Its appropriate to replace it now.

The two main jewelers I know of near Lex Pk are listed above.
I understand Jared's is pretty large (Waldorf)

I need a decent price on a .35-.50ct stone.

Any other endorsements or tips?
Good/Bad dealings?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Hessian said:
Fundamental question...

Good/Bad dealings?
For quality I would go to G&H over Blairs. No offense to Blair's but G&H buys a higher quality gem. I deal with Frank.
Rick's Jewelers in San Souci is also very good to work with and pretty reasonable.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Hessian said:
Fundamental question...

Good/Bad dealings?

Theres Ricks in San Suci... there more of a on the budget type place, but they still have nice jewlry... And as long as your wife isnt like the women in there commercials, she wont shoot ya for goin to G&H or Blairs instead of Jareds...

I do know G&H and Blairs are a little more pricey, but I swear to G&H and Blairs, I dont go anywhere else for jewlry...

R

remaxrealtor

Hessian said:
Fundamental question...

Good/Bad dealings?
I get all my jewlry at G&H. Great quality and they really take the time to work with you. They designed my ring and I LOVE it!

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Hessian said:
Fundamental question...

Good/Bad dealings?
I like Ricks down by Monterey's and Joanne's fabrics. Never had an issue with them, fair priced. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
For quality I would go to G&H over Blairs. No offense to Blair's but G&H buys a higher quality gem. I deal with Frank.
Rick's Jewelers in San Souci is also very good to work with and pretty reasonable

:yeahthat: :yay:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Locally, I would go to Rick's. If I were to go elsewhere, Bailey, Banks & Biddle , Charleston Alexander, or Mervis.
Maerten's in Solomon's has nice stuff, I do not know about repairs though.

C

chess

I love G&H.. Frank is an easy guy to get along with, plus he has a list of diamonds you can choose from. The same thing happen to my mother except it was from 30 years ago, we were on our way home from church, her prong broke, and the diamond fell out onto our driveway. Luckily she found it and took it to Frank, and he basically upgraded her and she got a deal on a nice Plat ring with 1 ct stone ! WOW is all I can say...

But G&H is quality over quantity anyday.
Just my .02

Like most everyone else has suggested, if you goto G&H, Blairs, or Rick's you wont be upset with whichever one you choose!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
How old is the ring, and do you have some sort of warranty? I wanna say that my wedding band is warrantied and they'll replace the stones if they fall out (as long as I take it up there every year and have it inspected), but I could be wrong.

dustin

UAIOE
Nickel said:
How old is the ring, and do you have some sort of warranty? I wanna say that my wedding band is warrantied and they'll replace the stones if they fall out (as long as I take it up there every year and have it inspected), but I could be wrong.
yup both your engagement ring and wedding band are warrantied as long as they are inspected every year.

nomoney

my diamond fell out of my ring this week too, luckily I found it - just gotta get off my ass to go get it fixed.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
Mine is covered under insurance. I don't plan on losing it, but you never know. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
Mine is covered under insurance. I don't plan on losing it, but you never know. :yay:
My wedding band has lots of baguettes, so if one falls out they can be replaced. :yay: