Floors

Any recommendations on flooring stores? We need to replace the laminate hardwood in the kitchen since a pipe burst and the floor is ruined and with our tax refund we are also in the market for new carpet?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I had hardwood floors installed by Clark's Flooring in LexPk, and they did a great job. I'd definitely use them again. They are full service, doing everything from hardwood to tile to vinyl to carpet. Sales, installation, and service. 301-863-2090. :yay:

BadGirl said:
I had hardwood floors installed by Clark's Flooring in LexPk, and they did a great job. I'd definitely use them again. They are full service, doing everything from hardwood to tile to vinyl to carpet. Sales, installation, and service. 301-863-2090. :yay:
How was the pricing on everything? Competitive? Thanks!

workin hard said:
Any recommendations on flooring stores? We need to replace the laminate hardwood in the kitchen since a pipe burst and the floor is ruined and with our tax refund we are also in the market for new carpet?
I'd recommend staying away from laminate in places it may get wet.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
workin hard said:
How was the pricing on everything? Competitive? Thanks!
Yep, I found them to be pretty reasonable; I used them in my old house. When I moved into this new house, I used someone else to install the hardwood floors. While I love the floors, I wish I had used Clark's to do the install, because with the private installer that I used, he took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get the job done. The price was just only a smidgen cheaper than Clark's, and I went with the price factor alone. Shame on me. Clark's would have come in and done the job lickety-split and I would have been just as pleased with the outcome.

WH, Word of advice. When questioning the businesses, be sure to ask how many people they plan to use as the "install team". I chose Doyle's to replace some flooring about a year ago. While the dude that installed the flooring was super awesome at his job, he did it all by himself. They had overbooked their staff during that timeframe and because he was so good at what he does, they figured they could send his help elsewhere. :rolleyes: This resulted in what could of been done in 1 1/2 days with a 2 man crew turning into a 3 day event because he had to do all fetching, measuring, cutting, etc. by himself.

redhead77

I agree with BG and Kwillia, make sure to ask about who they use for an install team. I got some flooring from Doyle's and do not plan to use them again due to the install team they used. The install team left cigarette butts in my front yard and the neighbor's(the neighbor watched them), and a three foot long gouge in my wall and did not acknowledge anything wrong. The flooring itself was done ok, but I will always ask who the installer is and walk away from any company in the area who uses these specific installers.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
redhead77 said:
I will always ask who the installer is and walk away from any company in the area who uses these specific installers.
Maybe you could expound on who the installers were, as I'm sure WH would like to avoid the problems you experienced. :flowers: