Whats with the Tides?

gigi6

Whats up at the Tides Restaurant? Went to stop by after work this p.m., and the place was closed? Closed? Out of business? Whats the story? Anyone heard? :gossip:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
From their website:

Due to restaurant improvements being implemented by new management, The Tides Restaurant will be closed from

Wednesday Feb. 15 through

Saturday Feb. 18

We will re-open on

Sunday Feb. 19 for our

Italian Wine Dinner.

Our new Business hours starting

Monday Feb. 20 will be as followed.

Monday-Friday

Lunch starts at 11:00am

Monday-Thursday seating until 9:00pm

Friday seating until 10:00pm

Saturday serving at 5:00pm,

seating until 10:00pm

Open Sunday only for special events.

We apologize for any incoveniance (sic)

www.thetidesrestaurant.com

S

Scaratica

I think they have been in some form of management struggles ever since they opened.
They had a five star chef who quit due to indifference within the management /ownership team

C

chess

We were due to have a happy hour there for our work this week, but it has been closed due to "maintenance issues" It should be opening back up next Monday.

S

Scaratica

It appears that they fired the previous general manager. Maybe he was skimming the receipts. I wonder how long the new manager will stay in grace with the main figure.

Hessian

Oh the horror!

:lmao: :lmao:

Where will our oh-so-sophisticated Left coast elites dine?
Will they starve?
Dare they walk into a///gulp,...chain restaurant?
What a nightmare. :lmao:

Basket Case

Scaratica said:
I think they have been in some form of management struggles ever since they opened.
They had a five star chef who quit due to indifference within the management /ownership team

What's the tie between the Tides and the Tavern? Are they under the same management?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
chess said:
We were due to have a happy hour there for our work this week, but it has been closed due to "maintenance issues" It should be opening back up next Monday.
I know a group whose martini hour has just been ruined. :lmao:

justbeachy

can be a real beach
Hessian said:
:lmao: :lmao:

Where will our oh-so-sophisticated Left coast elites dine?
Will they starve?
Dare they walk into a///gulp,...chain restaurant?
What a nightmare. :lmao:
I've never ate there but heard it's expencive. I've seen the web site and the food didn't appeal to me. Give me Stoney's anyday. mmmmmmm! :drool:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
They must be re-doing all the food. All the menu areas of the web site are under construction.

C

chess

Eleni said:
Same property group (Wildewood) owns buildings.

Actually the person that owns Tides sold Wildewood a little of a year ago.. Reason I know is because I know his grandson..

Last edited by a moderator:

Trigger

Scaratica said:
It appears that they fired the previous general manager. Maybe he was skimming the receipts. I wonder how long the new manager will stay in grace with the main figure.

You don't like the main figure, I take it.

rush

Gourmand
What a shameful demise for the Tides

:war: I came back on friday from vacation and found out about the temporal closing of the Tides.
Went there on sunday for the Italian wine dinner to find out the menu that was done by the the previous ex-chef,i had sign up for was been done by the previous Banquet chef from the JtD-conference center which turned out to be a disaster, as the food was not up to par and the new inexperience GM doesn't even know about the menu and was told by a server she was a previous server at the Tavern previously under the old five star chef and had left to work as a banquet sales manager at the Conference center in lexington park.
I feel so cheated because i had bought up to $500.00 of gift certificates for the fine food they promised and now rumour has it that they will be doing pre-made sysco ready to microwave food to cut back on labor and make quick turn-over profit with a bunch of inexperience a la carte restaurant chef and restaurant manager,because the owners think people in Southern Maryland donot appreciate fine food and to top this of the food and menu isaw that they claim is home dmae is not as three servers confirm to me on sunday evening that they are ready to quit because they cannot work for the consultant name Rob Plant-previously of the Tavern,Indigo Grill,JTD-Conference center,Nook and Monks,all he mess up and got fired and now the Blue wind and Tides which i was told only happen because the owner is fighting with his children and former CFO,who actually between them own 99% of the restaurant but the Dad -owner is at 1% ownership with the managing rights of the restaurant.Well i guess i will have to now find somewhere else that cares about food and class.

MMDad

Lem Putt
rush said:
:war: I came back on friday from vacation and found out about the temporal closing of the Tides.
Went there on sunday for the Italian wine dinner to find out the menu that was done by the the previous ex-chef,i had sign up for was been done by the previous Banquet chef from the JtD-conference center which turned out to be a disaster, as the food was not up to par and the new inexperience GM doesn't even know about the menu and was told by a server she was a previous server at the Tavern previously under the old five star chef and had left to work as a banquet sales manager at the Conference center in lexington park.
I feel so cheated because i had bought up to $500.00 of gift certificates for the fine food they promised and now rumour has it that they will be doing pre-made sysco ready to microwave food to cut back on labor and make quick turn-over profit with a bunch of inexperience a la carte restaurant chef and restaurant manager,because the owners think people in Southern Maryland donot appreciate fine food and to top this of the food and menu isaw that they claim is home dmae is not as three servers confirm to me on sunday evening that they are ready to quit because they cannot work for the consultant name Rob Plant-previously of the Tavern,Indigo Grill,JTD-Conference center,Nook and Monks,all he mess up and got fired and now the Blue wind and Tides which i was told only happen because the owner is fighting with his children and former CFO,who actually between them own 99% of the restaurant but the Dad -owner is at 1% ownership with the managing rights of the restaurant.Well i guess i will have to now find somewhere else that cares about food and class.

That hurt my head. I have a few extra periods if you are running low. Here you go:

...................................................................................................

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
rush said:

Stop and take a deep breath...

rush

Gourmand
RoseRed said:
Stop and take a deep breath...
I agree with you.I just felt that i had to pass on what the servers were telling me.
I implore all of you to pay the restaurant a visit and and see for yourselves.