Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Now that we've given up significant portions of intel... The U.N. maggotry look no more inclined to do something than they ever have.

Total waste of our time. We need to checkerboard the desert with 30kt units until not even the scorpions remain.

BTW... I say when we waste Iraq we "accidentally" dust the frogs too!

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kyle
Now that we've given up significant portions of intel... The U.N. maggotry look no more inclined to do something than they ever have.

Total waste of our time. We need to checkerboard the desert with 30kt units until not even the scorpions remain.

BTW... I say when we waste Iraq we "accidentally" dust the frogs too!

We need to start at the Frogs and stop just shy of Alaska!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

:rolleyes: I just got through listening to the French Foreign Minister: Mssr. Villepin, and what he's advocating is that the UN Inspectors have done so far is marvelous!

Given this most eloquent information from Secy State Powell, he is pushing for the UN Security Council to let the Inspectors proceed with more force in their endeavors.

What force!!??

Are the inspectors armed?

Doesn't Iraq insist on knowing where the teams are headed that day?

More importantly, isn't a it a fact the intelligence apparatus in the Iraqi regime already KNOWS where they're going next?

Iraq I]still refuses [/I] to allow U-2 overflights to verify what is happening before and after a specific inspection visit.

More stalling by the Toads, as far as I can see.
penn

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

Originally posted by penncam
... More importantly, isn't a it a fact the intelligence apparatus in the Iraqi regime already KNOWS where they're going next?

Iraq I]still refuses [/I] to allow U-2 overflights to verify what is happening before and after a specific inspection visit.

More stalling by the Toads, as far as I can see.
penn
The French are tipping them off. I'll put money on it! :mad:

And forget the U-2.... Time to break out the SR-71 again.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Re: Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

The French are tipping them off. I'll put money on it! :mad:

And forget the U-2.... Time to break out the SR-71 again.
:confused: You know what I'm not understanding , or at least I haven't heard mention of so far: Don't we have UAVs
in the region that can loiter for hours and hours at 65,000 ft? Why haven't we using them for surveillance?
If one of them is threatened by Iraq's AAA batteries, simply have a flight of F-15s in the area, armed to the teeth, during a given inspection period.
If a missile comes up during the time period, send one or two right back down the way they came.
Maybe they would get the idea U-2s weren't such a bad choice afterall.
penn

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

They wouldn't have to get too close either. Using the HARMs and God only knows what we've got more advanced... The missles could be fired and if the RADAR station shuts down the damn thing will still find it or use a Tomahawk and let it loiter waiting for the RADAR to come active again.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

They wouldn't have to get too close either. Using the HARMs and God only knows what we've got more advanced... The missles could be fired and if the RADAR station shuts down the damn thing will still find it or use a Tomahawk and let it loiter waiting for the RADAR to come active again.

:cheers: NOW you're talkin' true s#!t!! I didn't mention the point, 'cause I did not want to get too much into it, but, hell yes!
We've got any number of aircraft flying in the region that can radar monitor all of Iraq. The F-15s can be far away, loitering themselves, playing video games, whathave you!

:frown: Downside of this morning's briefing by Secy Powell: Iraq may use chemical/biological weapons on our troops the moment we decide we're going in. I'm really concerned about that, because the last time we and our allies went in, he only threatened their use. This time might be a 'nother animal.
We'd better be ready.

penn

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

:frown: Downside of this morning's briefing by Secy Powell: Iraq may use chemical/biological weapons on our troops the moment we decide we're going in. I'm really concerned about that, because the last time we and our allies went in, he only threatened their use. This time might be a 'nother animal.
We'd better be ready.

penn

He's a caged animal this time; he'll surely use any and all means available to stay in power.

I’m all for using smart cruise missiles to render his pile of sand sterile. According to the papers, he’s rigged the oil wells with explosives in case we attack, I say we start bombing those first.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

We'd better be ready....
Give Iraq a bright red glow!

IvyMikeC640.jpg

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Put away the U-2's...

Put away the SR-71's...

Put away the UAV's...

Start with a rainstorm of Tomahawks...

...then send in the B-52's, the F-117's, the B-1's and the B-2's and do it right...carpet-bomb Bagdad from one end to the other!!!

:dude:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is anybody else watching the Unwanted Nations Breifing by Powell?

Originally posted by justhangn
He's a caged animal this time; he'll surely use any and all means available to stay in power.

I’m all for using smart cruise missiles to render his pile of sand sterile. According to the papers, he’s rigged the oil wells with explosives in case we attack, I say we start bombing those first.
:eek: I have a question for ya, JH: So, the UN Inspectors have been over in Iraq since Nov, right? Bit by bit, some small but significant items have been found, a cache of documents at an Iraqi scientists' residence, etc.
Now France wants the UN to double or triple the amount of inspectors on the ground in Iraq. Are you with me?
The last count I heard was about 120 inspectors in country.
So, we're looking at maybe 350 total, if the UN buys this increase
of manpower.

If the caged animal running Iraq decides at the last possible moment, it's not gonna work out, he makes a grab for the 350 inspectors and holds them as hostages.

Now what do we do? Where does that leave the UN?
penn

demsformd

I was in meetings all day - what did Powell put forward? I am curious and I hope that there is something that we see as damaging to Iraq's defense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dems, CNN.com has a big story and a synopsis of what Powell is concerned about. I don't have the link for you but you're sure to see it on their main page.

I'll be interested to hear what you think.

demsformd

Thank you for the site vrai (I should have just gone there at first). I have been uneasy about the entire Iraqi situation and the issue of war. I have at times felt completely opposed and other times I was somewhat supportive...in the end I would support our valiant soldiers as they fight for this nation, whether I agree with the conflict or not. Powell's address puts me back into the somewhat supportive side...Finally, our nation gave more evidence to the world community rather than merely saying that we had to get Iraq.
I am always a big supporter of mulitlaterialism...It is just a feeling that I have always held because of my experience in foreign relations and the such. In this case, however, I don't see why we need a large coalition and in fact I don't think that we need large colations for any conflict anymore. I mean our troops make up the largest segment of any UN coalition regardless of where the conflict is. The UK is right behind us in their commitment to the UN in terms of troop levels and they have already stated their support of the cause to get rid of Iraq's leadership. I don't care if France and Germany disagree with us...those countries don't mean anything to OUR conflict. This is our conflict anyway; it wasn't the Eiffel Tower that was hit by two airplanes nor was there large contingents of Frenchmen that died in the 9/11 attacks and frankly I think that Iraq is just too connected to Islamic fundamentalism for us to believe that they have no connection to Al-quaeda or however the hell you spell it. It is time to make people love us because we are here to help...We are the greatest nation in the world and those Middle Eastern countries can learn much from our example. And I am sick of the Mid-East Conflict and a main source of the problem is Hussein. I am also sick of the fricken far-out liberals comparing this to Vietnam because this is nothing like Vietnam. There is no draft and there is an actual threat here to us. Iraq can harm us and we can make a difference there; we could not have in Vietnam due to the tyranny of South Vietnamese rulers. This is no Vietnam and Iraq is the largest threat to this nation since the Cold War.
So due to Powell's action of finally presenting evidence, put me in the support column of the war movement.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

demsformd

Remember the guys that are talking here are trying to get the votes and organization of the dove section of the party (it is a substantial minority but their opinions do not show the opinion of the majority of the party). The party big-wigs including some of my old bosses are generally dovish on Iraq so the Democratic presidential candidates will be playing both sides of this issue for the next year...It just makes political sense to do that.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by smcdem
I guess I am the only Peace lover here now.:frown:
What a bunch of :bs:

I would say with the highest confidence that all of us are peace loving people, but unlike you we have knowledge and experiences that allows us to recognize an evil that needs to be dealt with.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by smcdem
I guess I am the only Peace lover here now.:frown:
There's where you're wrong, my young friend. We ALL want peace - we just realize we're not going to get it while dictators and nuts rule other countries.

What part of this don't you understand?

H

Heretic

Maybe if the SMOB had a vote on this....

Have you ever seen a bully in school? You know there is nothing you can do to keep them from doing their thing except punch them right in the mouth. Otherwise they will never quit. You give them a little, they will take more and more.

Was it peace loving people that allowed Hitler to take over half of Europe before they did anything?