Hair Gadget to retire the rest ...

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I took a chance on this hot air brush by Vidal Sassoon, thinking it'd probably end up in a closet somewhere never to be touched again, and boy was I wrong! :notworthy If you straighten your hair to tame the frizzies/for sleekness, this thing is the bomb diggity! :yay: :yay: I can retire my hair dryer, curling iron, flat iron, and round & flat brushes with this thing. All I need is my comb b/c this gadget does the rest. Granted, if you want stick-straight hair, you'll still need the flat iron, but I don't do that look; rather, I like body and a little curl but without the frizzies and this thing delivers that perfectly!

I picked it up a week ago, and kept meaning to post about it. If you have hair that has a tendency to frizz, this product will give your hair the sleek look that you get in a salon with minimal effort. It's a hair dryer/ionizer w/brush attachment, and it's VERY easy to use. I've been wishing someone would come out with something like this so I didn't have to navigate a blower and brush in each hand to do my hair. It's shaved off a good 10 minutes of morning styling -- easy! :biggrin:

And don't let its 1000 watts fool you; it's plenty enough to do what it's made to do! :yay:

Attachments

• VS428.jpg
    VS428.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 303

crabcake

Info from the VS site:

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][size=+2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][size=+2]Professional Hot Air
IONIC[size=-1]®
Dryer and Styler[/size]
[size=+1]Model VS428[/size]

IONIC[size=-1]®[/size] Hot Air Styler dries your hair faster. Makes hair shinier and adds volume while it conditions and styles.
  • Features Include:
  • 1000 watts
  • Anti-Static
  • 2 heat settings for drying and styling all hair types
  • Two styling attachments
  • 1-1/2" brush attachment for large curls and waves
  • Concentrator attachment
  • Immersion Shock Protection safety plug with test and reset functions
  • UL listed
[/size][/font]

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
FINALLY! I finally found a great product before CC! My hairdresser used one one at my last appointment, and I was so impressed with the results I ordered one from her. It is a marvel, and huge timesaver.

crabcake

bresamil said:
FINALLY! I finally found a great product before CC! My hairdresser used one one at my last appointment, and I was so impressed with the results I ordered one from her. It is a marvel, and huge timesaver.
:high5: I picked mine up at the drugstore for $15, but I'm sure they have it at Walmart/etc as well. :yay: And it's so dang easy to use ... the cord rotates on the handle so you don't get all tangled up, and it frees your other hand to manage your hair while you're styling (e.g., sectioning). My arms got such a workout from trying to do my hair in the morning with the brush and blower. Not any more! :diva:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
crabcake said:
:high5: I picked mine up at the drugstore for $15, but I'm sure they have it at Walmart/etc as well. :yay: And it's so dang easy to use ... the cord rotates on the handle so you don't get all tangled up, and it frees your other hand to manage your hair while you're styling (e.g., sectioning). My arms got such a workout from trying to do my hair in the morning with the brush and blower. Not any more! :diva:
Styling utensils get abused at my house with both me and the girl using them - lots of dropping, etc - so I sprung for the salon version. They seem a little more "ruggedized". Last retail iron lasted 3 months. Last salon iron lasted 3 years.
This thing is da bomb!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I bought one years ago. My hair isn't curly but it's very thick. Didn't do a thing for me. My hairstylist said they're great for thin hair, though.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
I bought one years ago. My hair isn't curly but it's very thick. Didn't do a thing for me. My hairstylist said they're great for thin hair, though.
That may be true. My hair is very fine but I have lots of it. Works great for me. Same for daughter.

cattitude said:
:yeahthat:

I have one but I rarely use it because it doesn't really work on my wavy/thick hair. Great for bangs.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cattitude said:
That must be true. My aunt has sworn by hers for years and when I was at her house once I tried it out. Took almost twice as long to dry my hair and I wasn't happy with the end result. :ohwell:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Nickel said:
That must be true. My aunt has sworn by hers for years and when I was at her house once I tried it out. Took almost twice as long to dry my hair and I wasn't happy with the end result. :ohwell:
I use a regular blow dryer until the hair is almost dry, then switch to brush/iron/dryer.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
bresamil said:
I use a regular blow dryer until the hair is almost dry, then switch to brush/iron/dryer.
That's too much work. :lol: I just blow dry mine straight with a round brush and call it a day. :yay:

camily

Peace
They used to make something like that in the 70's or early 80's. I remember my mom having an "mustard yellow" one. Slightly different though but the same concept. I have been looking for something like that for years!

crabcake

bresamil said:
My hair is very fine but I have lots of it.
My hair is the same way; thin but tons of it, so it takes a style fairly easy. What I love about this is that I can use minimal product (light straightening gel w/my Ion heat styling mist) and voila. It doesn't go frizzy half-way through the day, holds the style, gives it body/bounce, etc. :yay:

:smack: you, Bre, for not sharing it on here when you found it. :lol: