New Port Poll

Are you for or against this new port thingy

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Maybe, wait and see

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Have no clue on any new port concept in the news lately.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
D

dems4me

for those that couldn't figure out the last one or thought I was being diliberately misleading.

Are you for or against this new port thingy. (This is not a public poll, feel free to vote as ya' like. :smile:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ylexot

Super Genius
You screwed it up again :lmao:

"Are you for or against this new port thingy?"

Yes, I am either for or against it...would you like to know which one? :killingme

ylexot

Super Genius
rack'm said:
My point of view hasn't changed.......it all depends on what "controlling the port" means.
I'll quote what I just said in the other poll thread for you...
Fox News just had somebody from the NY Port Authority and he explained what "operational control" meant...can I change my answer from "I'm in between, lets wait and see" to "Yes, I'm for it"? He said many of the same things that others on here have said. I.e. "the workers won't change, just the uniforms" and "security is still controlled by the US". This really is a non-issue as far as I am concerned.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dems4me said:
for those that couldn't figure out the last one or thought I was being diliberately misleading.

Are you for or against this new port thingy. (This is not a public poll, feel free to vote as ya' like. :smile:)
Are you for or against is NOT a Yes or No question...

But nice try!

That's like asking.. Doug Doug.. Left or Right at the next intersection, and he looks at you and says.. "Yes!!"

D

dems4me

itsbob said:
Are you for or against is NOT a Yes or No question...

But nice try!

That's like asking.. Doug Doug.. Left or Right at the next intersection, and he looks at you and says.. "Yes!!"

I've asked if someone was for or aganist this new concept. There are other options for people in between. To me its ilke asking do you agree with this or not. I don't see how there is ANY room for confusion? I've covered the bases. Please feel free to do your own poll saying -- vote yes, yes, and yes.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
As with others, I am making an assumption that the 'yes' answer is indicative of support for the purchase of P&O by the Dubai World Ports Company. In 1997 (if memory serves me correctly) there was a tremendous hue and cry raised about the plan by the City of Long Beach California to lease the former Long Beach Naval Base (and port) to the China Ocean Shipping Company (COSCO) and the deal was initially thwarted. However I believe that COSCO eventually gained the contract to operate the port as well as operation of the Panama Canal. Now this was very shortly after the Intelligence Arm of the Peoples Liberation Army (ChiCom) provided significant amounts of money during the 1996 election cycle to the Clinton/Gore Campaign that was seen by many as a quid pro quo. I would definitely trust the Emirates far more that I would the Red Chinese and there has been no indication of the UAE bankrolling the Bush/Cheney Campaign last year.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
I've asked if someone was for or aganist this new concept. There are other options for people in between. To me its ilke asking do you agree with this or not. I don't see how there is ANY room for confusion? I've covered the bases. Please feel free to do your own poll saying -- vote yes, yes, and yes.
I am 100% positively for or against this port thingy. :killingme

D

dems4me

Ken King said:
I am 100% positively for or against this port thingy. :killingme

I still don't understand your point. :lol: For clarity purposes, the question is are you for or against the new contracts on our ports? If you oppose (which would be the "against" option) or are you not opposed and agree (which would be "for") or indifferent (which woudl be the "maybe"). I think I'm quite clear on this and I dont' beileve I've reverted to speaking in tongues.

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:

I don't like Newports

ylexot

Super Genius
dems4me said:
If you ask if someone is for or against, the options should include "for" and "against", not "yes" and "no". Yes and no options would work if the question is "Are you for this new port thingy?" Seriously, if you can't understand that... :dork:

ylexot

Super Genius
dems4me said:
I still don't understand your point. :lol: For clarity purposes, the question is are you for or against the new contracts on our ports? If you oppose (which would be the "against" option) or are you not opposed and agree (which would be "for") or indifferent (which woudl be the "maybe"). I think I'm quite clear on this and I dont' beileve I've reverted to speaking in tongues.
:burning: BECAUSE "FOR" AND "AGAINST" ARE NOT OPTIONS!

D

dems4me

ylexot said:
If you ask if someone is for or against, the options should include "for" and "against", not "yes" and "no". Yes and no options would work if the question is "Are you for this new port thingy?" Seriously, if you can't understand that... :dork:

I guess but you're average bear should be able to figure that part out. for=yes , against =no

do you agree with this

yes=for no=against.

I can't edit this poll, Lord knows I've tried in order to dummy it down for folks.

D

dems4me

ylexot said:
:burning: BECAUSE "FOR" AND "AGAINST" ARE NOT OPTIONS!

yes would imply you are for the contracts, no would imply you are against the contracts. :banghead: :burning:

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
dems4me said:

I'd like to respond that I'm against it. Makes no sense. They don't even want to keep the paperwork in the US where it can be audited. We would have so much red tape to cut just to get documentation that belongs to us. Idiots in the administration.

D

dems4me

sushisamba said:
I'd like to respond that I'm against it. Makes no sense. They don't even want to keep the paperwork in the US where it can be audited. We would have so much red tape to cut just to get documentation that belongs to us. Idiots in the administration.

Nice knowing you :howdy: It was fun while it lasted huh? :lol: (psst - those are fightn' words in this neck of the woods). :lol:

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
dems4me said:
Nice knowing you :howdy: It was fun while it lasted huh? :lol: (psst - those are fightn' words in this neck of the woods). :lol:
You're really telling me that you are for this? I beg you to enlighten me on the benefits.

D

dems4me

sushisamba said:
You're really telling me that you are for this? I beg you to enlighten me on the benefits.

No not at all silly. :lol: Maybe you should discuss this with MMDad, KenKing or Xyelot. :biggrin: I'd be happy to watch. :biggrin: :popcorn: