Actor Don Knotts is dead at 81

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Actor Don Knotts dies at 81

Made a career of playing bumbling nerds like the iconic Deputy Barney Fife

LOS ANGELES - Don Knotts, the skinny, lovable nerd who kept generations of television audiences laughing as bumbling Deputy Barney Fife on “The Andy Griffith Show,” has died. He was 81.

bcp

In My Opinion
I wonder if they will allow him to lay in state just like the last two famous people that died.

He will be missed.

I loved him in Maberry RFD, but did not care for his charactor at all in threes company.

Pandora

Angel said:
:bawl: I will miss Barney...

Funny man and it is hard to believe he is 81 years old and Andy Griffith is 79 now. Damn time flies. I always thought Andy was older than Barney.

I think the last 5-6 years he did various voices in children’s movies, but I basically remember him for the Andy Griffith show and 3’s Company.

I thought "The Apple Dumpling Gang" was sorta cheesy.

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
bcp said:
I wonder if they will allow him to lay in state just like the last two famous people that died.

He will be missed.

I loved him in Maberry RFD, but did not care for his charactor at all in threes company.
:yeahthat: Good suggestion!

C

canuk woman

Penn said:
Actor Don Knotts dies at 81

Made a career of playing bumbling nerds like the iconic Deputy Barney Fife

LOS ANGELES - Don Knotts, the skinny, lovable nerd who kept generations of television audiences laughing as bumbling Deputy Barney Fife on “The Andy Griffith Show,” has died. He was 81.

Oh yeah, very sad I remember that he lent his voice to the turtle in "Cats Don't Dance" and wasn't he also in the "Herbie" movies??? (help me out guys)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I wish I could remember how many movies he was in.. but when I was a kid, I swear there was a movie on every Saturday with him in it..

The Janitor that accidetnly becomes an Astronaut....

Think he was a travelling Salesman..

and the list goes on and on..

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
He was in a lot of movies.

I guess I'll always remember him in the role of Barney Fife with Andy Griffith.

The deputy who had the bullet(s) in his uniform pocket, because he wasn't considered safe enough to carry a loaded revolver! :lmao: