The Tides Restaurant - Try It!!

Kirk

I have been watching the posts here as I frequently travel to Lex Pk working for one of the Defense Contractors. I decided to post because I think it is time the Tides gets its due compliment.

I went there a few times before the "big change" . Always thought they were trying to be something they weren't. An upscale, fine dining restaurant. The food was fair, at best. Honestly, I did not know what half the stuff on the menu was anyway, so I didn't eat it. Way too expensive for the area and especially with so many per diem travellers.

Have been twice since the change.
I hope they keep those big martini glasses full of colored water off the bar. I don't miss them at all.
The menu is great! Very fitting and appetizing for the travelling person and the locals as well. Food so far is very good. The prices are appropriate for the menu. Still above what per diem folks are given but reasonable especially given how nice of a place it is.

The staff at the Tides has always "tried" to be very nice. They "are" very nice and present themselves well. Friendly, outgoing, attractive and respectful group of Professionals.

I think the Tides is a nice place. I've eaten at many other local places and the food is bad, the establishments are dirty, some of them smell like wet mops and for the most part I had given in to KFC and a movie in my room. When you travel to a place that is as "lively" as Lexington Park the Tides is a great place to sit and eat and or drink for a while.

Everyone should go there a couple of more times. "Once is never enough" Check it out for yourself and don't listen to all of the moaners here.

Kirk said:
I have been watching the posts here as I frequently travel to Lex Pk working for one of the Defense Contractors. I decided to post because I think it is time the Tides gets its due compliment.

I went there a few times before the "big change" . Always thought they were trying to be something they weren't. An upscale, fine dining restaurant. The food was fair, at best. Honestly, I did not know what half the stuff on the menu was anyway, so I didn't eat it. Way too expensive for the area and especially with so many per diem travellers.

I hope they keep those big martini glasses full of colored water off the bar. I don't miss them at all.
The menu is great! Very fitting and appetizing for the travelling person and the locals as well. Food so far is very good. The prices are appropriate for the menu. Still above what per diem folks are given but reasonable especially given how nice of a place it is.

The staff at the Tides has always "tried" to be very nice. They "are" very nice and present themselves well. Friendly, outgoing, attractive and respectful group of Professionals.

I think the Tides is a nice place. I've eaten at many other local places and the food is bad, the establishments are dirty, some of them smell like wet mops and for the most part I had given in to KFC and a movie in my room. When you travel to a place that is as "lively" as Lexington Park the Tides is a great place to sit and eat and or drink for a while.

Everyone should go there a couple of more times. "Once is never enough" Check it out for yourself and don't listen to all of the moaners here.
Will they be serving free pancakes tomorrow?

mrweb

Iron City
Kirk said:

Seems to me if your are on "per diem" you should not be spending my tax dollars evaluating restaurants you consider way to expensive for us local hicks. If you are unhappy coming to such a "lively" place, then stay the heck home.

MMDad

Lem Putt
mrweb said:
Seems to me if your are on "per diem" you should not be spending my tax dollars evaluating restaurants you consider way to expensive for us local hicks. If you are unhappy coming to such a "lively" place, then stay the heck home.
That's a stupid thing to say. Do you understand how per diem works? You are given an amount per diem (day). If you spend it, fine. If you don't, you keep it. If you go over, that's out of your own pocket. If he ate every meal at McDonalds, or every meal at the Tides, the impact on your taxes is the same. Get over it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've never been to the Tides. I meant to try it last time I was down, then just didn't for some reason. Next time, Gadget.....next time....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
I've never been to the Tides. I meant to try it last time I was down, then just didn't for some reason. Next time, Gadget.....next time....
:howdy: I'll be your date! :lmao:

Christy

b*tch rocket
RoseRed said:
:howdy: I'll be your date! :lmao:
I wanna come too! I've always been fortunate with whatever food I've ordered from the Tides, even when the service went in the crapper, you couldn't really foul up the salads. I'd be interested in checking out the change.

So, did they really get rid of the really mean manager?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Christy said:
I wanna come too! I've always been fortunate with whatever food I've ordered from the Tides, even when the service went in the crapper, you couldn't really foul up the salads. I'd be interested in checking out the change.

So, did they really get rid of the really mean manager?

Arthur is gone.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Don't forget me!

I love The Tides. I've only had a semi-bad meal there once. It wasn't horrible, but just not up to the standard I was used to from them. The last time I was there about a month or so again, the food was excellent as was the server. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
:love:

Methinks we should go for a dinner so we don't have to rush off after our meal. :yay:

Any time. :huggy: I've never been there for dinner but I would love to go. :yay: