Fast Food Dirty Ice

snuzzy

I have a friend who comes to work every day with a large fountain soda...wonder if I should share this with her. :whistle:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I saw a report on the news a few weeks ago about this but they were testing different fast food joints across the country. Suprisingly NY city had the cleanest ice, the places across the south were really dirty compared to NYC as they didn't have nearly as stringent requirements for ice cleanliness.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
I drink a fountain soda every day so I am NOT going to click that link.

:lalala:

Here you go:

Out of the mouths of babes comes this news. Budding scientist, 12-year-old Jasmine Roberts from Benito Middle School in Tampa, Fla., has created a science fair project that has lots of grown-ups sitting up and taking notice. Her conclusion: Ice at fast food restaurants is laced with bacteria. Lots of it.

Tampa Bay Online reports that Roberts examined the amount of bacteria in the ice served at fast food restaurants and the amount of bacteria in the toilet bowl water in those same restaurants. The toilet bowl water was cleaner 70 percent of the time.

You're welcome. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:rolleyes: Oh pooh. Like I'm going to take the word of some 12 year old kid's science experiment. I thought it was a real scientist or something.

meangirl

Nice lady!
vraiblonde said:
:rolleyes: Oh pooh. Like I'm going to take the word of some 12 year old kid's science experiment. I thought it was a real scientist or something.
:lmao: I love fountain soda. I figure it hasn't killed me yet so it must be ok.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
snuzzy said:
I have a friend who comes to work every day with a large fountain soda...wonder if I should share this with her. :whistle:

My boss is Mr. Big Gulp. Two , maybe three a day. I just showed him this. UGH! :barf:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
vraiblonde said:

Exactly, what if they purposely did it because they knew what he was up to.

But, I was watching the cartoon 6teen on TEENick and two kids went to the Taco stand to get tacos and they were raving about how they love those Tacos, well the teen employee thought they were making fun of her job so she put a huge and gooey loogie in each of their tacos and they ate it.

All I kept thinking was is this the kind of message our young people are being taught. I wonder if teen employees in fast food really do that. I swear it keeps me not wanting to eat out, but I do. :coffee: